Home

Clay Matthews is Luke willson

This is a discussion on Clay Matthews is Luke willson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clay Matthews is Luke willson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
How is this a "thing"? They should be able to scan in at least 80-90% of players, just travel to each team and setup their scanning booth.
Because this takes a lot of time to do and most of the consumer base would bitch and complain that the art department spent their entire development cycle just scanning players. This instead of working on new animations, maybe adding parts to a new halftime/postgame show, etc. Also not all of these players have the time to get face scanned. They are working 8-9 months out of the year depending on playoffs then they will want to go onto vacations and spend time with their families.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:36 AM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Because this takes a lot of time to do and most of the consumer base would bitch and complain that the art department spent their entire development cycle just scanning players. This instead of working on new animations, maybe adding parts to a new halftime/postgame show, etc. Also not all of these players have the time to get face scanned. They are working 8-9 months out of the year depending on playoffs then they will want to go onto vacations and spend time with their families.
Can't they just hire a group of artists to create models? Lots of pc sports titles have freelance community modders that do that stuff for free...
Old 09-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
This x 100. At this point, with all these things pretty transparent, consumers really need to start grasping that when it comes to things like video games and movies there is a lot of things that the director/developer would have liked to do but simply did not have time to do. This is universally true for any project that operates on a budget and a fixed term. Trust me, the developer would like to have that face scan more than you, but it's not there for probably a million possible reasons. It's fine not to like it, I seriously doubt anyone does like it. But enough the "rabble rabble rabble" about how you feel cheated or something, it's not helping anything.

It's just turning off developers more from wanting to put in maybe an extra hour here or there to squeeze in one or two more things. If I was in their position I'd do the bare minimum. People are going to be whinging no matter how grand in scope and design it may be. Lets try to be a little more supportive and provide constructive criticism rather than just "wah I want this". Thanks for your cooperation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish would gladly trade Matthews for Willson...
Old 09-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #13
Rookie

Airfaron23's Arena

Anyone notice WR John Brown on the Cardinals has dreadlocks on Madden 16? I do not believe he has dreads in real life

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
Old 09-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #14
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfaron23
Anyone notice WR John Brown on the Cardinals has dreadlocks on Madden 16? I do not believe he has dreads in real life
i have noticed this as well and even his picture doesnt have dreads but his in game player does

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 09-08-2015, 12:18 AM   #15
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I mean we'll just have to agree to disagree. I get that NFL players spend a ton of time with their job, they also get what equates to winning lottery as their yearly income (even the lower level guys that are pulling 350K). Professional athletes get paid fairly for what they do. What I was saying, is that EA should come to them. If EA isn't willing to do that, which I completely understand, then they should just put a picture to a generic face. It can be done, there are plenty of examples of it in other games, PES being one that I know of. Also, a lot of the PC crowd does it themselves as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 01:04 AM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Earl Thomas didn't sit down to get his head scanned by us when we went to Seattle, there isn't really anything we can do.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »