Home

Ready to cry or quit! Cannot stop 20+ yard passes

This is a discussion on Ready to cry or quit! Cannot stop 20+ yard passes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ready to cry or quit! Cannot stop 20+ yard passes

Sorry for the ranty nature. Originally posted after being way too tired and lost my spelling and grammar.

Some wonderful advice! I had been picking all my DB's for MUT mode based on coverage ratings thinking that speed wouldn't really matter if the DB had an 80+ overall. I would have never guessed it was so critical vs. other stats.

I should have mentioned I usually never take control of the DB on a pass. I'm just not dexterous enough, so I always rush with the Right End. Those drag route passes to the slot receiver are a real pain outside of the bombs. Like mipeechi mentioned it is a little insane guys are catching when covered tightly and specifically Hail Mary's. I have lost so many games on Hail Mary passes.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #10
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
Sorry for the ranty nature. Originally posted after being way too tired and lost my spelling and grammar.

Some wonderful advice! I had been picking all my DB's for MUT mode based on coverage ratings thinking that speed wouldn't really matter if the DB had an 80+ overall. I would have never guessed it was so critical vs. other stats.

I should have mentioned I usually never take control of the DB on a pass. I'm just not dexterous enough, so I always rush with the Right End. Those drag route passes to the slot receiver are a real pain outside of the bombs. Like mipeechi mentioned it is a little insane guys are catching when covered tightly and specifically Hail Mary's. I have lost so many games on Hail Mary passes.
Start switching. It will change your life. AT LEAST on hail maries to win the game. Switch then Swat with timing and positioning taken into account. I was looking for a thread like this yesterday but I was using way too much "play ball" which is pretty much "try to catch it like no one is around you" not actually playing the ball and "play WR" is more like "let him catch it but tackle him" in those jump ball situations. It's all about the swat and positioning. this is in MUT NFL journey solos too. recently upgraded to mid 70s at CB with Kyle Fuller and someone from OAK. I go more toward the coverage but I speed is important, you definitely want to keep up with WRs who are almost always above 90. so having a CB whos 85 and ending up at 10 point speed disadvantage can be a huge hole in your defense. I wouldnt go soley on speed, even in MUT, especially with this years gameplay. Awareness, coverage ratings, and catch rating will determine how well they do with the ball in the air. I've jumped over plenty of fast DBs with aggressive catch.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #11
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Sidelines are absolutely killing me as of late (possession catch on corner routes)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Same here. I am not getting beat deep, rather on outs and crossing routes

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

This thread had been so helpful. I still suck but a little less so.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Use the skill trainer. Understanding how to read defenses has helped me a ton on choosing what defense to call. Used to think cover 2 was a good base but if the team has a te they throw to you'll be burnt time and again.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »