Home

Approach to trading in franchise

This is a discussion on Approach to trading in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Approach to trading in franchise

What is your general approach to trading in franchise mode?

Since there is no easy way to see player attributes (as far as I can tell) I scroll through manage roster by team and try to trade from there which is a pain.

Is there a full roster list somewhere by position similar to the free agent page? And I'm curious how you approach trading with these limitations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Approach to trading in franchise

Trading seems to be really hard in Madden 16
Old 09-09-2015, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abross
Since there is no easy way to see player attributes (as far as I can tell) I scroll through manage roster by team and try to trade from there which is a pain.
Yeah, not being able to compare the two players stat 4 stat in the trade screen is a bit of a pain. Generally, my approach is to trade for assets first (if I can), then trade for my scheme.

At the start of the season, I'll find Free Agents, that I can "Sign-N-Trade" for assets. (Unless I have a glaring need on my roster).

For Example: In my Online CFM, someone dropped Devin Hester. My WR core needed one extra receiver to fill the bottom of my roster, so I signed him & just placed him on PR & 5th receiver. But most IMPORTANTLY, I have him on the trade block. If I can't move him on my roster, I can always keep him because he does indeed fit my scheme on offense. But my main goal is to move him for assets or a piece on defense I really need.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Rookie

steagles's Arena

My trading is nearly always for draft picks only, usually exchanging them to move up/down. I have only had one big trade involving a player, I traded a 1st, 2nd and 4th to the Cowboys for Dez Bryant. I signed AJ Green that offseason, too, one year removed from drafting my franchise quarterback. Parting ways with those three picks was the best trade I have ever made. AJ and Dez are unstoppable opposite one another which opens up my running game (Todd Gurley and Tre Mason) and makes my young QB's job much easier. They are taking up a giant chunk of my cap space but are worth it when I can throw for 300 a game consistently.

Im sorry that didn't really answer your question, here's my best attempt to try. I figure a package that is approximately what I'd give for what I want in return, and I put that on the manual trade side for my team. Then, I scroll through every team to see what they think of the package and what they have to offer me. If a team has a guy I would want for that package and they have green and yellow interests, I'll propose the trade.
Colts, Pacers, White Sox, Blackhawks, Cards, Vols

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »