Home

Update stuck at 99%

This is a discussion on Update stuck at 99% within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Update stuck at 99%

Update not working. What do I do? I already uninstalled game once
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Update stuck at 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Update not working. What do I do? I already uninstalled game once
Are you on xbox one? If so do a hard restart of your console turn it off by holding the x on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. Once its off give it about a minute then turn it on and you should be set bro! This clears your system cache.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats
Old 09-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer miller31
Are you on xbox one? If so do a hard restart of your console turn it off by holding the x on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. Once its off give it about a minute then turn it on and you should be set bro! This clears your system cache.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk
So I ended up uninstalling the game and I deleted all saved files from madden. As I reinstalled it and it was ready to play I didn't get the option to update the new patch. I can't believe I've had this game for a few weeks and haven't been able to play.

Also, how do I know if the patch is updated? What's the quickest way to find out if it worked?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I've had this before and I think it's just a glitch in the Xbox One UI. The same thing happened to me when I downloaded the patch and I just started Madden from the disc on the home menu and it booted up. I think the easiest way to know if you have the patch or not is to try to go into Online Head-to-Head. If you don't have the patch I think it won't allow you in and will prompt you to download.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Ok this is to stressful lol. So how come when I reinstalled the game it didn't allow me to choose to update patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Ok this is to stressful lol. So how come when I reinstalled the game it didn't allow me to choose to update patch?
It may have just installed the patch while it was installing. Or you might have to hard reset and it'll prompt you to download again. If you're connected to online chances are highly likely you have the patch. If you didn't I think it would make it known every time you booted up the game.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Should I uninstall it again as well we clear all saved files? And how and when would I do a hard reset? Sorry for all these questions I just am lost and really want to start my franchise lol. I thank you in advance or helping me.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Should I uninstall it again as well we clear all saved files? And how and when would I do a hard reset? Sorry for all these questions I just am lost and really want to start my franchise lol. I thank you in advance or helping me.
No you shouldn't have to uninstall or clear anything. You're on Xbox right? Just turn on your system and then once it's on, turn it off but hold your finger on the power button until it shuts all the way down. This will hard reset it. Then turn it back on and start up Madden, if you don't get prompted for the patch then it's almost certain that you have it. If you're still not sure just go into an Online Head-to-Head game and try matching up with someone, you shouldn't even be able to do that if you don't have the patch but if you can then you definitely have the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »