Home

Cant stop INT?

This is a discussion on Cant stop INT? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Cant stop INT?

Any one else having a really hard time not throwing INT? I think I have played around 20 games of madden this year vs CPU on all pro and I would say I am lucky if I can throw less then 2 INT a game. I think I have only had 1 game with out at least at least 1 INT and I would say I average like 3.5 INT a game and that is with the packers and so a good QB. I guess I just really suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 03:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Cant stop INT?

Try lowering the slider for CPU interception. May help you get more realistic outcomes

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 03:36 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastysausage
Try lowering the slider for CPU interception. May help you get more realistic outcomes

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

While I fell like my biggest issue is that to often I just lock on to a WR or miss a guy that is open and I don't do a good job of anticipating my throws. In real life you see QB make throws before the WR is even really open before he makes a cut or something.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:41 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't rely on adjusting sliders.

go through the skills trainer.
Read about coverages and concepts on the internet.
Use checkdowns, there are worse things than not picking up a first down and punting.

Spend time in practice mode.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Almost every interception I throw is on my, not counting the bounce off the hands stuff, I usually under/over estimate how fast my WR will come out of a break and ends up right into coverage. I agree no need to move the sliders, practice and learn how to pass better, I know I have had to (and still need to).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Check the Throw Accuracy of the QB you are using. Rating make a big difference. You have a QB with low acc and high power you might see things like this. I do. Playing Bortles with my Jags CFM and after week 8 my TD;INT is 1:2. I'm not that good at making reads or timing my throws, so I'm sure that's part of it.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
Rookie

althor's Arena

This year the QB really does make a difference. I am playing Titans and Mariota is really good on short and short/mid-range passes. Anything over short/mid-range and things get hairy. I don't pass much anyway, I like bowling over the defense with a bowling ball HB. When I do pass, I mostly throw to my tightends about 5 yards out, or my WR on a drag route about 2 yards past the line of scrimmage and try to get RAC.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Check the Throw Accuracy of the QB you are using. Rating make a big difference. You have a QB with low acc and high power you might see things like this. I do. Playing Bortles with my Jags CFM and after week 8 my TD;INT is 1:2. I'm not that good at making reads or timing my throws, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Like I said I am playing with the packers so I am using Rodgers a great QB and at the rate I am throwing INT. If I where to play a full 16 game season I would have like 50-60 picks at this rate no joke lol. I am still trying to find the right sliders for me so I have yet to start CFM though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »