Home

New to Madden on ps4 please help

This is a discussion on New to Madden on ps4 please help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New to Madden on ps4 please help

I'm new to Madden on the ps4 and its pretty awesome like a whole new game compared to the old gen. My question is about players progression and players confidence. I'm in week 4 and I'm 1-2 I haven't had any huge stat performances and actually one of my games was pretty bad. So in my cfm I have a bunch of players with 90+ confidence or upper 70s and no one has regressed in ovr ratings just improved. Even my backup qb has a 90 confidence. So my question is this normal for confidence levels to be so high this early? I did notice this boost after my last game that I won but after first two losses there was no regressing. I know they released a patch addressing this so are my players getting too much confidence too early or what's going on here, again is what I described normal?? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by d123cwik321; 09-20-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: misspellings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: New to Madden on ps4 please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123cwik321
I'm new to Madden on the ps4 and its pretty awesome like a whole new game compared to the old gen. My question is about players progression and players confidence. I'm in week 4 and I'm 1-2 I haven't had any huge stat performances and actually one of my vvames was pretty bad. So in my cfm I have a bunch ofpkayers with 90+ confidence or upper 70s and no one has regressed in ovr ratings just improved. Even my backup qb has a 90 confidence. So my question is this normal for confidence levels to be so high this early? I did notice this boost after my last game that I won but after first two losses there was regressing. I know they released a patch addressing this cfm so are my players getting too much confidence too early or what's going on here again is what I described normal?? Thank you in advance.
With the current state of CFM, over-boosted confidence is unfortunately normal, even after bad games. The culprit is the drive goals that you're given during the game, and there's no way to disable that system through a settings option. The most recent patch addressed a more severe confidence issue - one that shot key ratings up over 100 DURING games.

There are two ways to get around it:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tructions.html (the more complicated, more control, hands-on approach)

OR

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-solo-cfm.html (the easier, hands-off the CPU, less control option)

Both will accomplish the same goal with regard to regulating confidence.

The dev team is aware that we're not fond of this current situation, and through tweets have indicated the possibility of further changes in a future patch.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
Rookie

So will my players continue to progress until I have all superstars by the end of the year if I don't do the fix? What about players not regressing will they regress if they play poorly? Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
So will my players continue to progress until I have all superstars by the end of the year if I don't do the fix? What about players not regressing will they regress if they play poorly? Thanks again.
I think you could be better served to spend a couple of minutes reading. Every question you have asked, especially made brand new threads just to ask, have already been addressed and usually in their very own threads....
Old 09-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Soooo will they progress till I have all superstars and not regress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Soooo will they progress till I have all superstars and not regress?
Yes, that is the big issue that caused everyone to find the "fixes" that bcruise mentioned.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

OVR: 0

i haven't played madden for like 3 years now. is it me or theres no offline modes this year. i wanna play a season or franchise but offline
Old 09-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
i haven't played madden for like 3 years now. is it me or theres no offline modes this year. i wanna play a season or franchise but offline
Yes, it's "Connected Franchise" now which may be a change from your last Madden. When you start it, you can choose "Cloud" to have the franchise hosted on EA's servers. If you just want it completely offline, the option below "Cloud" does that. I don't remember the exact name for it but, once you select it, it should be obvious that's what it is. Took me a minute to realize that I had another option there myself.

FWIW, you can do a solo franchise using the Cloud settings, too. Just set it to 1 player and there you go. Some people do that so they can manage their team online and get updates quicker. The downside is that if EA's servers are ever down, you can't access the franchise. Personally, I always do the offline method for that very reason. Since I don't have as much gaming time as I used to, I want to make sure there are no issues when I do sit down to play. Don't know how often there are server issues but that way I don't have to worry about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »