Home

It's time...

This is a discussion on It's time... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
It's time...

What is the point of updating rosters on a week to week basis if injuries aren't something you have to overcome on Madden. Romo went down today and I play Weeden in ranked games now.

I'm growing tired of getting sacked by Suggs etc, watching Jordy Nelson catch touchdowns. It's not representative of 2015 NFL football.

Why in ranked games am I subjected to not only injured starters, but also their juiced backups that continue to get ratings increases because they're playing IRL.

A certain basketball game had its cover star out for the majority of last season and they still restricted you from using him in ranked matches.

To be clear - I DO NOT CARE what you do offline, in play now, in your franchise etc.... but in ranked matches you should have to overcome these deficiencies if you want to use a weapon on a squad. Immediately breaks immersion to see Dez, Romo, Scandrick out there when all three have season ending (or close to it) injuries.

Please make this change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 01:16 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: It's time...

I believe with each injury EA moves the player to the bottom of the depth chart but in doing that anyone can just sub them back in.

I doubt they will ever include injuries in online head to head, they have a "casual crowd" that's much larger than the "sim crowd" and would only be hurting themselves by not catering to them.

I don't really care either way, while it would be nice playing a mirror of the real NFL, I won't hold it against EA for their decision to let injured players come back in.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 09-21-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I believe with each injury EA moves the player to the bottom of the depth chart but in doing that anyone can just sub them back in.

I doubt they will ever include injuries in online head to head, they have a "casual crowd" that's much larger than the "sim crowd" and would only be hurting themselves by not catering to them.

I don't really care either way, while it would be nice playing a mirror of the real NFL, I won't hold it against EA for their decision to let injured players come back in.
It absolutely ruins the game for me - completely breaks immersion. I don't want to have to play the CPU because I want a semi-sim experience. Is it really that much to ask for?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

DaaVeedLooEece's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree, it's hard to justify having to play against both the Star and the Star's back-up.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaVeedLooEece
I agree, it's hard to justify having to play against both the Star and the Star's back-up.
Seriously this is a big reason why the ratings scale is all out of wack at the end of the year (really all year being that everyone plays with i injured guys anyways)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_The_Door
It absolutely ruins the game for me - completely breaks immersion. I don't want to have to play the CPU because I want a semi-sim experience. Is it really that much to ask for?
I would hazard to guess that preventing people from playing with their favorite NFL players in a video game in online ranked probably would ruin the game for lots of other people.

I completely understand what you are getting at and I think what you are asking for comes from a plenty sane place, but I also think that it's not something that is going to happen because it would anger plenty more people than it pleases.

My suggestion for you would be to find a group of players willing to honor real-life injuries to play online games with. That probably means that ranked play is out of the question, unfortunately; if that's the case, you have a value decision to make as to what means more to you - your online rank or true-to-life authenticity.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I would hazard to guess that preventing people from playing with their favorite NFL players in a video game in online ranked probably would ruin the game for lots of other people.

I completely understand what you are getting at and I think what you are asking for comes from a plenty sane place, but I also think that it's not something that is going to happen because it would anger plenty more people than it pleases.

My suggestion for you would be to find a group of players willing to honor real-life injuries to play online games with. That probably means that ranked play is out of the question, unfortunately; if that's the case, you have a value decision to make as to what means more to you - your online rank or true-to-life authenticity.
It'd just be so awesome to search for that with ease. It's just a global change that EA needs to make to show that they're serious about authenticity. Might as well just release it as "Madden" since the year doesn't matter.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Rex got back to me - I'd assume that he's hinting at a living rosters feature next cycle?

uploadfromtaptalk1442886060598.png

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »