Home

Players that can't catch the ball

This is a discussion on Players that can't catch the ball within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Players that can't catch the ball

In my offline CFM fantasy drafted team, I have WR's like Julio Jones and OBJ who cannot catch the ball if they get contact with a defensive player. Like they drop the ball 8 out of 10 times I would say. And I'm not even talking big hits. ANY kind of contact and they get the drops.

It's very irritating. Anyone seeing alot of TOP WR's drop the balls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players that can't catch the ball

Yeah, I worked around that issue by passing to the open guy though. It has worked very well.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

It's from not properly timing the catch buttons/not holding the correct button after the throw, isn't it? I always assume that was the problem when a guy doesn't come down with it, highly-rated or not.

More generally though, no, my WRs are beasts and Matt Stafford is overpowered.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

are u using aggressive catch? could be the problem

try possession catch
Old 09-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
It's from not properly timing the catch buttons/not holding the correct button after the throw, isn't it? I always assume that was the problem when a guy doesn't come down with it, highly-rated or not.

More generally though, no, my WRs are beasts and Matt Stafford is overpowered.
You should not have to press any buttons to catch the ball, your teams WR can be controlled by the CPU and they will catch the ball with the correct type of catch, so no its not improper timing of the catch button.

Also to the guy who said he just throws to open guys, that seemed pretty ridiculous answer since this guy is having an issue in which he probably throws quick slants or curl routes then the CB just touches them and they drop it, so nice back handed answer but it was worthless to him.

And to the OP, I use Armor & Swords sliders and he has USer and CPU catch slider at 65, try that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
You should not have to press any buttons to catch the ball, your teams WR can be controlled by the CPU and they will catch the ball with the correct type of catch, so no its not improper timing of the catch button.

Also to the guy who said he just throws to open guys, that seemed pretty ridiculous answer since this guy is having an issue in which he probably throws quick slants or curl routes then the CB just touches them and they drop it, so nice back handed answer but it was worthless to him.

And to the OP, I use Armor & Swords sliders and he has USer and CPU catch slider at 65, try that out.
I'll second this, I started using the same sliders and love them. I was having the same issues with drops if my receiver was even bumped, for a while I thought it was the receivers so I picked up two stud receivers with great catching and catch in traffic but they still dropped the ball if they were bumped by the DBs. Clearly the standard catch slider isn't realistic.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgisme
I'll second this, I started using the same sliders and love them. I was having the same issues with drops if my receiver was even bumped, for a while I thought it was the receivers so I picked up two stud receivers with great catching and catch in traffic but they still dropped the ball if they were bumped by the DBs. Clearly the standard catch slider isn't realistic.
Yes its crazy, I don't want nonstop catching or unrealistic highlight reel catches but just getting bumped and dropping it is annoying...........65 seems pretty well, if you do the 1 on 1 jump ball with lower rated WR's they will still lose a lot and thats basically because its knocked away not poorly dropped.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Yes its crazy, I don't want nonstop catching or unrealistic highlight reel catches but just getting bumped and dropping it is annoying...........65 seems pretty well, if you do the 1 on 1 jump ball with lower rated WR's they will still lose a lot and thats basically because its knocked away not poorly dropped.
Exactly, I didn't want every receiver to catch everything, but to know a receiver is going to drop the ball if a defender barely touches him was killing me. I'm a dink and dunk run heavy offense and so slants and come back routes are go to, at 65 they still give you drops it just seems more consistent with that their catch/catch in traffic would indicate they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »