Home

Does Matching Players to Coach Scheme Increase XP?

This is a discussion on Does Matching Players to Coach Scheme Increase XP? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Does Matching Players to Coach Scheme Increase XP?

I thought I read a while back that if you get players on your team who's schemes (not player types) match your team's scheme, those players get a slight XP bonus. For instance, if my team offensive scheme is Vertical, and I have a QB who is from a Vertical scheme, he'll get a bit of % boost over another QB who might be from a West Coast scheme.

Can anyone confirm this? Or do I have it wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does Matching Players to Coach Scheme Increase XP?

don't think so, I think it only goes by there dev trait. When prepping look for the guys with 3 or more bars and you can see they get more xp then ones with 1 bar.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The original implementation as of Madden NFL 13 was as follows:

If a player's offensive / defensive team scheme matches yours, he doesn't gain more XP for anything, but certain upgrade packages (mostly mental ratings such as Awareness) were discounted for him with respect to XP cost, so he'd "pick up the scheme faster".
Old 10-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks for that info. Based on what you said, I did a little test by seeing if players got any kind of progression discounts as I changed the schemes to match and not match. And...nothing. The XP cost was the same. I even simmed a few weeks to see if it changed over time, and it didn't. Either they changed it or I'm missing something.

I'm assuming besides factoring into free agency signing, there's got to be another benefit to matching player scheme with team scheme.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Nope pretty sure the scheme thing makes no difference, IMO if you if you have a player that does not fit the scheme other attributes should drop like prc or awrness in order for his ovr to drop, not just drop it but he has the same numbers as before, makes no sense.Thats why fa dont always work out in new teams, different playbooks, techniques and so on.

Last edited by juggalotusx; 10-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Pro

I'm beginning to think you're right. I searched around and read a dozen other different posts, and A) no one seems to know exactly what it does for sure; B) most believe that it affects just the CPU regarding trade/FA logic, etc.; and C) there seems to be a general consensus that it does not do much, if anything, for user-controlled teams.

After reading all that, I began to think much like Player Type, Scheme is just another label to use to help us know what type of player he is, but then I noticed that there were "Man" player types with a Tampa 2 scheme and "Possession" receivers for Vertical scheme...not the type of player you'd typically want for those team schemes.

I was using team scheme to help me build a team...made it MUCH more challenging to find players that fit the scheme versus just anybody...but that was mostly because I thought it mattered somehow. Now I guess I'll just go after whomever fits my player types.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:04 AM   #7
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I'm beginning to think you're right. I searched around and read a dozen other different posts, and A) no one seems to know exactly what it does for sure; B) most believe that it affects just the CPU regarding trade/FA logic, etc.; and C) there seems to be a general consensus that it does not do much, if anything, for user-controlled teams.

After reading all that, I began to think much like Player Type, Scheme is just another label to use to help us know what type of player he is, but then I noticed that there were "Man" player types with a Tampa 2 scheme and "Possession" receivers for Vertical scheme...not the type of player you'd typically want for those team schemes.

I was using team scheme to help me build a team...made it MUCH more challenging to find players that fit the scheme versus just anybody...but that was mostly because I thought it mattered somehow. Now I guess I'll just go after whomever fits my player types.
Last year, I believe scheme mad a big difference on the starting confidence of a new player (sign FA, drafted rookie, etc.); i.e., if it did not match, he joined your team with a confidence near zero. I would guess it is the same this year.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Last year, I believe scheme mad a big difference on the starting confidence of a new player (sign FA, drafted rookie, etc.); i.e., if it did not match, he joined your team with a confidence near zero. I would guess it is the same this year.
Is that difference by team scheme and/or player type?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »