Home

Do you play with or without the tuner?

This is a discussion on Do you play with or without the tuner? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do you play with or without the tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Without. Reinstalled it after the latest patch and QBs still acted too wonky for my liking. Pocket passers trying to scramble into oncoming defencemen for easy sacks. Deleted it and it plays much better, pocket qbs get rid of the ball when they're under pressure.

I wish scrambling qbs actually scrambled when under pressure.

^this.

One of the reasons why I play without. Also the db/wr interaction feel more organic. With tuner it feels more scripted. I guess because they forced the negative outcome to balance the deep balls on online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

I am using the tuner installed after the patch. For some reason it seems different if it is installed before the patch.

The biggest difference I have seen and maybe it is all coincidence but...

Without the tuner I can pull up Full House- Corner Strike and use that play over and over, call it every single play and just walk right down the field throwing it to either the TE or WR.

With the tuner the DB doesnt instantly play the run, instead he will stop in the middle of the TE/WR and can take one step backwards or forwards (depending on who I try to pass to) and swat the ball down.

The play still can work, but not every single time. I could literally call the play every single time and not even use another play on offense.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 1

I play without it for now. I play Coach Mode AP Default, so it's easier for me to see any differences without touching sliders or having human interaction with the game. So far, I'm seeing the exact same thing I did before Patch #2...with the tuner, the USER team plays WAY better, especially on defense, and I have rarely lost. Without the tuner, I actually have much closer games and more losses.

There are things I like about the tuner, but when I look over the data I've collected, in the end, the game seems more challenging without it...at least so far.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #20
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Without, game just feels less organic with the tuner and the 2nd patch together for some reason.. QB play isn’t as realistic with my slider set at least and the line play seems broken… Game plays to my liking without

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 10-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue21
This may be a silly question to everyone....

BUT

What exactly is the game tuner and how does is effect the game?

I see that some play with it on and some with it off
Ya I'm curious about this as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I play without it for now. I play Coach Mode AP Default, so it's easier for me to see any differences without touching sliders or having human interaction with the game. So far, I'm seeing the exact same thing I did before Patch #2...with the tuner, the USER team plays WAY better, especially on defense, and I have rarely lost. Without the tuner, I actually have much closer games and more losses.

There are things I like about the tuner, but when I look over the data I've collected, in the end, the game seems more challenging without it...at least so far.
What differences if any do you see in User DB play with and without tuner?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
What differences if any do you see in User DB play with and without tuner?
When it comes to DBs, mostly I've observed more INTs and deflections from my CBs with the tuner. I'm in favor of this, because without the tuner most of my INTs seem to come from my safeties and linebackers. However, it's not a bonus enough for me to play with the tuner so far. Again, that's because the tuner seems to boost the USER team's defense.

I'll give one great example (of several I have from my records)...Bears (me) vs. Packers. Again, AP Default in Coach Mode, so no human intervention...pure CPU vs. CPU. With the tuner...Bears beat the Packers 20-17. Rodgers was sacked 4 times, threw 2 TDs/2 INTs, Lacy had 6 carries for -1 yards, and I had 3 fumble recoveries. I had 5 takeaways vs. the Packers 1.

Now, same exact game without the tuner. Packers won 45-16. Rodgers only sacked 1 time and threw 4 TDs/1 INT. Lacy ran for 23 times for 103 yards and 2 TDs, and the Packers had 3 takeaways (2 INTs, 1 fumble) versus my 1.

If you're actually playing the game, then I can see how the tuner might be fine, because your physically manipulating players. But on pure Coach Mode, I've compared around the same 10 games with/without the tuner (even tried using different teams), and my observations show that the tuner seems to favor the USER D. For now, it's no tuner for me.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
When it comes to DBs, mostly I've observed more INTs and deflections from my CBs with the tuner. I'm in favor of this, because without the tuner most of my INTs seem to come from my safeties and linebackers. However, it's not a bonus enough for me to play with the tuner so far. Again, that's because the tuner seems to boost the USER team's defense.

I'll give one great example (of several I have from my records)...Bears (me) vs. Packers. Again, AP Default in Coach Mode, so no human intervention...pure CPU vs. CPU. With the tuner...Bears beat the Packers 20-17. Rodgers was sacked 4 times, threw 2 TDs/2 INTs, Lacy had 6 carries for -1 yards, and I had 3 fumble recoveries. I had 5 takeaways vs. the Packers 1.

Now, same exact game without the tuner. Packers won 45-16. Rodgers only sacked 1 time and threw 4 TDs/1 INT. Lacy ran for 23 times for 103 yards and 2 TDs, and the Packers had 3 takeaways (2 INTs, 1 fumble) versus my 1.

If you're actually playing the game, then I can see how the tuner might be fine, because your physically manipulating players. But on pure Coach Mode, I've compared around the same 10 games with/without the tuner (even tried using different teams), and my observations show that the tuner seems to favor the USER D. For now, it's no tuner for me.
Okay, thanks for the information. I also play with coach mode on, but I do occasionally take control of my QB and either scramble or pass. Problem is my passing doesn't always go to corresponding button pressed. Seems like it's who the CPU wants to get the ball more than who I choose.

I've tried it both ways, with and without tuner, just one game each to compare. I don't think one game is enough for comparison, which is why I asked you. Anyway, thanks for your assessment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »