Home

Cpu 3rd down conversion

This is a discussion on Cpu 3rd down conversion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu 3rd down conversion

Ha, had this same problem last night.

Playing the Lions in the NFC championship. I beat them during the season 45-44. Total offensive fireworks.

This time, I can't stop them at all on 3rd down.

3/18? 19 yards

3/4? 6 yards

3/9? 10 yard scramble by Stafford where he TRUCKS 3 different guys, bouncing off tacklers like Bettis. My MLB hit sticked him and he was like "have a seat Bro while I pick this up"

Finally managed to get a stop in the second half and get some point separation. Ran ball control offense and keep away. Ran out the clock on them for the win. Final was like 32-27

Was nuts trying to stop those amazing WRs
Old 10-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
What position do you play on defense and what 3rd down defensive plays are you choosing?
I always control the DT. And I usually play Nickel or Dime if it's longer than 10yards and usually some kind of Blitz to QB Spy. Chiefs OL not that good and couldn't get near the QB on any blitz
Old 10-14-2015, 12:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

Have the same kind of issues also!!! I play on all pro and 15 minute quarters. Played a ton of games already, seen so strange things like invisible players, ball carriers breaking four five and six tackles and guys with white dreadlocks. What did ea patch or update so far??? Looks to me not a hell of a lot. This game has the most bugs and glitches of any Madden that I have played in years. I don't think ea will be able to fix all this stuff before Madden 17 comes out. Just trying to be realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #12
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

Me either it's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I can usually stop them about 50-70% of the time which is about normal for the real NFL. It all comes down to recognizing the offensive formation and knowing what D to call. It won't work 100% of the time and every game will vary depending on the offense you play and your defense. I have had games where I stopped them on every 3rd down and games where I barely stopped them 3 times. I can't stress this enough spend some time in the skills trainer, even if your a seasoned football player it can teach you little things to look for in an offense than can pay off dividends in games.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
I always control the DT. And I usually play Nickel or Dime if it's longer than 10yards and usually some kind of Blitz to QB Spy. Chiefs OL not that good and couldn't get near the QB on any blitz
I know it may be subjective and too big of a change to undertake, but controlling the DT in passing situations is the least effective person you could control.

Try controlling an edge rusher. You can beat the block and force an early throw more often.

Also mix in controlling a deep safety. You can control the side of the offenses passing strength to key in on the guy most likely to get the ball, or you can control the backside safety and possibly play manual robber if the WR on that side does not break vertically.

I tend to mix up who I control depending on the situation. Early downs I control my 3 technique tackle, but passing situations I mix it up and change players depending on the game and matchups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »