Home

WR/DB separation

This is a discussion on WR/DB separation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WR/DB separation

well on all madden the CPU players all get a ratings boost, including speed and coverage. this is most definitely what you are seeing. and also explains the CPU being able to get separation, while you can't.

my advice: try all-pro
Old 10-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

You may need to drop to all pro. Wide receivers do get separation on all madden but it is a bit more realistic kind of separation. Like in the real NFL your window to throw the ball is pretty small. You have to read the defense and anticipate your guy getting open. On all madden they get separation and get open, it just doesn't stay like that for long.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree with trying All Pro. Since your sliders are turned down on all madden, default all pro might work better, and you could always turn them up from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #12
Rookie

I typically only throw deep to Julio Jones when he's in single coverage and he's, well, Julio Jones so my success rate is fantastic.

I've had separation from Roddy White who is annoyingly slow at times as well.

I play All Madden too.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
I typically only throw deep to Julio Jones when he's in single coverage and he's, well, Julio Jones so my success rate is fantastic.

I've had separation from Roddy White who is annoyingly slow at times as well.

I play All Madden too.
Separation is equally (or more actually) important on intermediate routes like outs and ins. Route running is vital in these areas.

Separation on fly routes typically come down to speed, acceleration, and press.

If someone cannot get separation on fly routes then lower the speed threshold.

If there is no separation on the intermediate stuff then lower the pass coverage slider. I am pretty sure reaction only applies to zone coverage.

Unrelated note that just came to mind: Feels like this is the first madden in a while where double moves are useful. I've had big plays using sluggos and the like.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Separation is equally (or more actually) important on intermediate routes like outs and ins. Route running is vital in these areas.

Separation on fly routes typically come down to speed, acceleration, and press.

If someone cannot get separation on fly routes then lower the speed threshold.

If there is no separation on the intermediate stuff then lower the pass coverage slider. I am pretty sure reaction only applies to zone coverage.

Unrelated note that just came to mind: Feels like this is the first madden in a while where double moves are useful. I've had big plays using sluggos and the like.
I have no way to back this up but in regards to say, slants or corners, I have a MUCH better success rate when I have a WR with a high Route Running attribute.

That's how I've been building my WR's in my CFM and I've done tremendously well over a few dozen games so far. Julio is obviously dominant but people like Justin Hardy who I've been upgrading had over 10 TD's in his rookie season and nearly 80 receptions. He isn't the fastest WR but he's quick and I upgraded his RTE to about 90 or so and he's been virtually unstoppable with all the attention thrown at Julio.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
I have no way to back this up but in regards to say, slants or corners, I have a MUCH better success rate when I have a WR with a high Route Running attribute.

That's how I've been building my WR's in my CFM and I've done tremendously well over a few dozen games so far. Julio is obviously dominant but people like Justin Hardy who I've been upgrading had over 10 TD's in his rookie season and nearly 80 receptions. He isn't the fastest WR but he's quick and I upgraded his RTE to about 90 or so and he's been virtually unstoppable with all the attention thrown at Julio.
I think it was 2 Maddens ago that I tested route running and at that time I determined that rtr had no noticeable impact on slant routes. That may have changed, but I don't think it has. If I recall drag routes also did not rely on RTR (which would help explain how they are over effective). With slants all that seems to matter is CIT, rls, and the defensive playcall.

For all other routes, RTR is huge. I may even argue it is the single most important rating for a WR when you factor in the normal range of attributes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #16
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

I use normal speed with a parity at 40..

All Pro was too easy for me.. That's why I use All Madden.. I'm considering trying All Pro but I'd need a harder set of sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »