Home

To resign a player the coach must have the trait.

This is a discussion on To resign a player the coach must have the trait. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
To resign a player the coach must have the trait.

ok so in my first season as a new coach I tried to resign boone and williams at DT. I had not purchased any traits and was having a heck of a time for a few weeks to sign the players I was offering double but they would just still be negotiating the contract. Finally saved up 6000 xp and bought resign LG and DT, next week signed them for asking price.

Not sure if this is still an issue or was patched just figured I wouldshare the Info.

P.S. Flasko's all pro sliders are the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: To resign a player the coach must have the trait.

[quote=juggalotusx;2047768460]ok so in my first season as a new coach I tried to resign boone and williams at DT. I had not purchased any traits and was having a heck of a time for a few weeks to sign the players I was offering double but they would just still be negotiating the contract. Finally saved up 6000 xp and bought resign LG and DT, next week signed them for asking price.

Not sure if this is still an issue or was patched just figured I wouldshare the Info.

P.S. Flasko's all pro sliders are the best.[/QUOTE

I have had it happen where no matter what I offered a player just wouldn't sign with my team and other times where they signed for less. I don't think it's a bug, I think it's designed that way to provide some form of realism. The resign traits are kind of a "cheat" for players who want to be able to sign or keep whatever players they want. Personally I don't upgrade anything on my coach. I like that some players won't resign with my team.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Just a hint, if you wait for the first week of the offseason (the week immediately following the Super Bowl), you'll be able to sign just about everyone you want for about what their initial asking price was. You do only get one shot at signing them so don't low-ball them.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

It almost seems like the salary and bonus figures are reversed. I've found I can sign guys during the season if I lower the salary and up the bonus whereas before with the normal higher salary, lower bonus model I couldn't get anyone to resign.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

[quote=Sheba2011;2047769890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
ok so in my first season as a new coach I tried to resign boone and williams at DT. I had not purchased any traits and was having a heck of a time for a few weeks to sign the players I was offering double but they would just still be negotiating the contract. Finally saved up 6000 xp and bought resign LG and DT, next week signed them for asking price.

P.S. Flasko's all pro sliders are the best.[/QUOTE

I have had it happen where no matter what I offered a player just wouldn't sign with my team and other times where they signed for less. I don't think it's a bug, I think it's designed that way to provide some form of realism. The resign traits are kind of a "cheat" for players who want to be able to sign or keep whatever players they want. Personally I don't upgrade anything on my coach. I like that some players won't resign with my team.
Well, I will let Rex and the Madden team know that they were wrong, that it isn't a bug and they do not need to fix it in the next patch as they have stated. Thanks for the good info.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »