Home

Computer Re-sign Logic in CFM

This is a discussion on Computer Re-sign Logic in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Computer Re-sign Logic in CFM

Generally how is it?
I am in my first off-season of a 32 team controlled cfm. The time commitment to re-sign players is daunting as the interface is so poorly done in that you cant see other players on a teams roster of the position to be resigned.
Anyway, I switched all of the teams back to re-sign on and simmed through just to see what it looked liked like and it didnt look too bad. No franchise qb's being waived. Maybe 12-15 guys n the 90's. Not sure how many were up for contracts in the first year though. For those that have seen multiple years of this, does it get worse or does it stay somewhat realistic. It would be a hell of a time saver to not need to do all of these re-signings by hand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Pandabear218's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Computer Re-sign Logic in CFM

Maybe it's just me but the whole in season re signing is a giant pain and I can't get it to work right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCAAF: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 12-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

This may be an exceptional case, and partly because I am doing an online CFM, but I have found that turning the salary cap OFF, as crazy as that may sound, actually helps the CPU re-sign players more sensibly.

They still will cut players, cut good players, and sometimes, but rarely, cut 90+ OVR players, but I have not seen a flood of all-pros getting cut, or one CPU team with a big budget signing all the good players. Aside from giving some players some unrealistically big pay-days, I've been very impressed with the re-sign logic with salary cap OFF. It's made the FA period much more enjoyable, so long as I keep it sim myself and act as if I'm operating under a cap.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think it is as bad as others do.

To me it is not worth the effort of controlling every team. Besides, if you make all the decisions then it comes down to 32 teams making the same type of moves.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I found it to be horrible and had to do 32-team control to do all re-signings right. Plus I gave them more fair $$$

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I found it to be horrible and had to do 32-team control to do all re-signings right. Plus I gave them more fair $$$
From what I hear, the CPU doesn't always use its available budget well and I've heard HUM users say they routinely force themselves to stay over $25M under the cap to stay competitive with the CPU, which does not utilize its roster-building resources correctly.

I haven't verified that myself, but I've finally committed to the 32-team control setup that Armor laid out so I can make sure every team acts within its own best interest to the full extent of its ability to do so.

Not enough credit gets give to EA for actually allowing us to fix this stuff, we we can in The Show.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
From what I hear, the CPU doesn't always use its available budget well and I've heard HUM users say they routinely force themselves to stay over $25M under the cap to stay competitive with the CPU, which does not utilize its roster-building resources correctly.

I haven't verified that myself, but I've finally committed to the 32-team control setup that Armor laid out so I can make sure every team acts within its own best interest to the full extent of its ability to do so.

Not enough credit gets give to EA for actually allowing us to fix this stuff, we we can in The Show.
This was similar to last years, the worst part would be great talent would be a FA.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
This was similar to last years, the worst part would be great talent would be a FA.
This is where the value of 32-team control comes in.

I just go in each week and check a couple of teams and make sure guys like Houston in KC and Miller in DEN get legit offers.

I trust my ability to decide whether a given team would tender an offer "realistically" better than the game's ability to do so in some obvious cases.

What I like about 32-team control is that you can do all of it, some of it, or none of it.

So if I think team X would for sure make an offer to player Y but not A, B, or C, then I can just offer to the sure-fire target and then let the CPU handle the other guys.

Amor and TDawg have also teamed up to create a great randomized method that you can use to add a certain amount of spice to things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »