Home

QB scrambling/no enter "rush mode" with the QB?

This is a discussion on QB scrambling/no enter "rush mode" with the QB? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
QB scrambling/no enter "rush mode" with the QB?

pretty sure I already know the answer but thought I'd check anyway given it's a pretty ridiculous thing. I remember in previous Maddens (going back maybe 5-6 years) you'd press a button behind the line of scrimmage (just just the sprint button/R2) and the QB would be able to do everything a RB could (control wise) and not worry about the passing icons interfering with sliding etc. Nowadays that "feature" doesn't seem to exist.

The thing that set me off this time (and it's happened multiple times) is scrambling for a 1st down with RGIII using R2 to sprint/rollout, he shrugs off an attempted tackle about 2 yards away from making it but instantly reverts to a passing stance after the tackle/shrug off animation which slows him down/basically makes him immobile and is tackled when he had plenty of room to make the 1st down and more. Other instances include rolling out on a goal-line play with like 15 secs left to win the game, taunting without thinking because he was wide-open which results in him throwing an illegal forward pass (yeah, I found the humour in it too afterwards but it still shouldn't happen) or not being able to slide behind the first down marker and giving up fumbles.

It's not on the controls list so I assume it isn't in the game but maybe it is and I'm missing it? Or does anybody who has come across these annoyances do anything to combat these things? Even in terms of the sliding/fumbles issue, throwing the ball away when you realize you aren't going to make it is often going to result in illegal forward pass penalties but by far the most annoying is the reverting to the passing stance part. Just seems like a bit of a ridiculous oversight.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QB scrambling/no enter "rush mode" with the QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
pretty sure I already know the answer but thought I'd check anyway given it's a pretty ridiculous thing. I remember in previous Maddens (going back maybe 5-6 years) you'd press a button behind the line of scrimmage (just just the sprint button/R2) and the QB would be able to do everything a RB could (control wise) and not worry about the passing icons interfering with sliding etc. Nowadays that "feature" doesn't seem to exist.

The thing that set me off this time (and it's happened multiple times) is scrambling for a 1st down with RGIII using R2 to sprint/rollout, he shrugs off an attempted tackle about 2 yards away from making it but instantly reverts to a passing stance after the tackle/shrug off animation which slows him down/basically makes him immobile and is tackled when he had plenty of room to make the 1st down and more. Other instances include rolling out on a goal-line play with like 15 secs left to win the game, taunting without thinking because he was wide-open which results in him throwing an illegal forward pass (yeah, I found the humour in it too afterwards but it still shouldn't happen) or not being able to slide behind the first down marker and giving up fumbles.

It's not on the controls list so I assume it isn't in the game but maybe it is and I'm missing it? Or does anybody who has come across these annoyances do anything to combat these things? Even in terms of the sliding/fumbles issue, throwing the ball away when you realize you aren't going to make it is often going to result in illegal forward pass penalties but by far the most annoying is the reverting to the passing stance part. Just seems like a bit of a ridiculous oversight.

Nope, those controls are no longer in the game.

I feel the same way as you regarding this. The dreaded throw to X while trying to slide 4th and1. I also feel there is a slight hesitation when pushing RT (xbox) to start scrambling. I've used various drafted scrambling QBs and it's all the same.

However, if I had to pick I'd vote for a different QB slide button. Maybe a analog click (or just give us the option to map it)
Old 02-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: QB scrambling/no enter "rush mode" with the QB?

Glad you got your answer, but let's trying using this next time: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »