Home

Offline Franchise v Cloud Franchise

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise v Cloud Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Offline Franchise v Cloud Franchise

Yea I mean for me it really comes down to the XP sliders versus 32 team control.

With how notoriously bad the AI is at almost..... well everything, I take offline 32 team control every time.

This also allows me to switch teams if I get bored, control team relocation (I moved the Rams to LA in my current Falcons franchise to coincide with real life).

Also allows me to control the rosters for the CPU in the specific ways I want. For instance, once it gets into the offseason in real life, I start up a new 32 team franchise and update the rosters to coincide with the offseason signings, cuts, retirements, etc. I then let things play out for the most part as the AI sees fit (I will at times jump in if I see something ridiculous, like Julio Jones always being a free agent after year 1 before he re-signed his new deal).

You can also use some of the methods used by a lot of people and use random number generators for re-signings and stuff to keep things spicy while still having some sense of shocking cuts/free agent sightings.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one take control of all 32 teams in an offline franchise?
Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett81
Forgive my ignorance, but how does one take control of all 32 teams in an offline franchise?
Here's where you can find some detailed instructions:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tructions.html

tl;dr - start an offline franchise with one user character, then add 31 more user characters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #12
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Thanks to everyone for the replies. From what I can gather, there is no point in keeping my Xbox Live account just to play franchise, so I'll ditch that and my cloud franchise and just go back to offline.

I get all that, but still figure that's what makes it fun - you could draft a guy who ends up being completely injury prone or a bust - just like real life, you may have to really work to re-build your franchise. Maybe I'm the odd one out, but that's the challenge I love. I get bored when I win back-to-back-to-back superbowls (which inevitably happens eventually irrespective of the difficulty).
I have both online and offline franchises. The online is by far the more challenging and satisfying, precisely for the reason you mention. The "total control" and redo/reload to correct CPU logic is video game stuff (don't the Browns wish they could just "restart').
Old 03-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #13
Banned

I play cloud because allot of times in offline after I played a 90 minute game it freezes and I get so mad. I would say one in four games freeze on my right when the game ends.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #14
Rookie

I just found out that you can turn off your console mid game in an offline franchise and pick it up when you turn it back on again. That's huge for me! I often don't bother playing at all as I figure I haven't got time for a full game. Can't believe I wasted so much time on cloud franchise
Old 03-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #15
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
I just found out that you can turn off your console mid game in an offline franchise and pick it up when you turn it back on again. That's huge for me! I often don't bother playing at all as I figure I haven't got time for a full game. Can't believe I wasted so much time on cloud franchise
Some stats get lost though. Ints are one I know for sure it happens with. I think others have mentioned a few other stats getting lost too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #16
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Just be careful when drafting in an online franchise. Simulating ahead in the draft while the draft is paused can cause a franchise-breaking glitch. I posted about it in the glitch thread.

It's happened to me 3 times at least. Forced to delete the franchise and start a new one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »