Home

Madden 16 cap room bug?

This is a discussion on Madden 16 cap room bug? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden 16 cap room bug?

So I'm doing a single online CFM, just for fun, and I decided to re-sign some of my soon to be FA's. I went to check the salary page, and it looked good. As you can see here:

Then I went to the actual re-sign players sub-menu, and this is what I get:

It won't let me sign any players as I don't have enough cap room. But I should have enough according to my salary.

The only thing I could think of is that I've using the clear cap penalty option too often. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #2
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Madden 16 cap room bug?

The $27.6 in cap space you're seeing is for your current season.. When you go to re-sign someone, you're seeing the $290k which is the cap space for the following season. That is taking into account rookie reserve (money saved for draft picks), that next years cap penalty and of course salary of players who are set to be on the roster next season
Old 04-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 cap room bug?

Not sure if it's related to your problem, but I've recently noticed an in season "resign " bug.

When I went to resign during my latest season, it seems like it was using the current season cap total and penalty for determining how much I had for the NEXT season. As I'm trying to retain lots of good people, this was really bad. It also has the effect of being "behind one season" in terms of cap space.

My test was : I had 10M in cap showing during the season. I saved, then simulated to the offseason. When resign came, I had the correct amount, 18M...the cap penalty was gone!

The only trouble with this strategy is, you really only get one try to resign someone....if you low ball them, they will walk.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
The $27.6 in cap space you're seeing is for your current season.. When you go to re-sign someone, you're seeing the $290k which is the cap space for the following season. That is taking into account rookie reserve (money saved for draft picks), that next years cap penalty and of course salary of players who are set to be on the roster next season
I second this.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

I've started to use a cap projection spreadsheet to assist with cap management. I've been able to avoid cap hell by pre-emtively setting budgets for each players contract negotiations.

Orange Cells - Past years and current year commitments
Black Cells - No longer on roster
Grey Cells - Projected future contract negotiations

It has also been useful for draft purposes as it helps me track aging stars and when they will be hitting FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »