Home

Franchise mode needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Franchise mode needs to be fixed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise mode needs to be fixed

Running a long term franchise use to be so much fun in Madden, but its gotten worse over time. It feels very choppy and it has all sorts of unrealistic things happening, such as teams trading loads of draft picks to the point where they don't have any above the 4th in the next round or players not developing at all even though you know they should be. I feel like if Madden did these 3 things franchise could so much fun like it use to be:

1. Fix the cap/money system. Instead of giving someone a contract and bonus, just make it guaranteed and non guaranteed. The bonus system makes it annoying when cutting players deep into contracts because you still have to take a cap hit even though in real life you wouldn't. To change this for example, they should make it so you offer say 4 years, $36 million, then make $18 million guaranteed. So this way you can't cut the player for the first 2 years without taking a cap hit, but if he's not playing up to his cap hit you can cut him in years 3 or 4.

2. Bring back the potential system. I forget which madden they switched to the XP system, I believe it was 13, but it has never been as good as the potential system. With potential if you had someone good they would develop, with the XP system that just doesn't happen. Olinemen get little to no XP, and it's impossible to get them to a good overall. Also XP takes away the ability to have a first year guy come off the bench and develop under the starter(s). For example, in real life a player like Garoppolo is pretty valuable, as he was a high round draft pick and has been sitting/learning from Tom Brady and Bill Belichek to start his career. But in madden that means nothing, he is useless because he doesn't get any XP to develop at all, and he just regresses or stays the same. With potential you could draft a first round QB and not be forced to start him year 1, while putting in a bridge QB such as Case Keenum, and he could still develop so he's ready to start year 2. And to make it even better, they could make it like MLB the Show or NHL where if the player performs better their potential will go up or down, so that when a top prospect is performing poorly on the field their potential could go from an A- to a B, or if a late round pick is doing well on the field, they can go from a C- to a B. This makes it so if you start a QB (or any position) too early and he struggles, he might not pan out (like what happened with Blaine Gabbert). It seems the bad teams in this game always stay bad and the good teams stay good, but if they went back to potential it could actually fluctuate like it would in real life.

3. Fix the draft. Is it just me, or are all the best QBs in the draft late round picks, rather than guys who are projected to be top 10 picks? It seems like their generated draft system is all screwed up, and a lot of the best players are late rounders while a lot of first/second rounders are duds. The trades need to be fixed, as not every team is as ambitious as the Rams/Eagles and willing to trade 2 firsts and a second to move up (they gave up more but that's the max for madden). In this game if you are a top 5 pick you can offer your pick to almost any team for that same trade and they will take it 99% of the time. That definitely is something that needs to be fixed. And to add to that some teams act like draft picks are worthless, and trade most of their good draft picks every year and end up with none for the next year. The scouting system is also lame. In the NFL teams don't go into the draft only knowing 3 attributes and the players combine numbers. Every team knows a lot about every player, and the way the scouting system is you can barely learn about half of them this year. They should keep the combine, then give us a general idea of how good EVERY prospect is across the board on important attributes for that position, then if we want to dig deeper we can use scouting points on that. I hate when I'm in the 5th round and all the players I scouted are taken so I'm pretty much throwing a dart or trading the pick, when realistically teams know about 95% of the players in each draft. Also not really a fan of how you lose scout points after every week, if you are doing a sim franchise it is really tedious to sim every week then have to stop and scout, I'd rather just sim the whole season then do all my scouting in the offseason.

Also some smaller things, let us change the permanent jerseys, so I can make the throwback jerseys the official jerseys if I want to. Formation subs so you don't have to change it in game every time. Add a practice squad so you can have some low tier players to potentially further develop. I thought of one other thing while writing this but now I forgot what it was lol. But anyways, I think if they implemented these 3 major fixes then Madden could have the best franchise mode among all sports games, let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by YanksRams38; 04-25-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise mode needs to be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksRams38

3. Every team knows a lot about every player, and the way the scouting system is you can barely learn about half of them this year. They should keep the combine, then give us a general idea of how good EVERY prospect is across the board on important attributes for that position, then if we want to dig deeper we can use scouting points on that.

Also some smaller things, let us change the permanent jerseys, so I can make the throwback jerseys the official jerseys if I want to. Formation subs so you don't have to change it in game every time.
I highlighted/quoted the things that I totally agree on. I get really tired of hearing about a drafted player that I didn't draft and learning some amazing things about said player. Example: It wasn't until a home video was released that showed how sharp his mind is and how great his memory is! Scouts were amazed when they threw plays up on a screen and within seconds he had every single play memorized.

Stuff like that, and that's just one example. But if this player had these great attributes, why didn't I know about it?

I also agree that Formation Subs are a must have for M17. That they haven't been in the game despite being in NCAA for years is beyond me. And, I totally agree on being able to pick our opponents uniform. If it were up to me, the Patriots, Chargers, Falcons, Vikings, Steelers, Browns, Broncos, Dolphins and Eagles would always wear their older uniforms. Also, they need to give us the road throwbacks for certain teams, not just home unis.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

The uniforms thing is an NFL mandate.

As to the rest. There are big problems with the draft that I'm working through now and submitting via my channels through the GC program.

I think player progression and scouting needs to be re-thought from the ground up. There should be pro days, interviews at the combine, variation on grade based on scouting ability and time, etc. Progression should be a pretty-standard age curve that we can influence with training or XP, not dependent on XP.

Last edited by mrprice33; 04-25-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The uniforms thing is an NFL mandate.

As to the rest. There are big problems with the draft that I'm working through now and submitting via my channels through the GC program.

I think player progression and scouting needs to be re-thought from the ground up. There should be pro days, interviews at the combine, variation on grade based on scouting ability and time, etc. Progression should be a pretty-standard age curve that we can influence with training or XP, not dependent on XP.
Ya I know the NFL doesn't allow teams to switch uniforms without a few years notice to allow time to produce fan apparel for murchandise, but in Madden if I move the Rams to LA (which I won't have to anymore ) and I want to have them in the classic blue and yellow as the standard uniforms permanently, I don't want to have to see the ugly navy blue and gold in the news feed. Like I said not a big issue but would be nice if we could have that control
Old 04-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

They don't allow you to move a franchise and keep that franchise's trademarks though, do they? So you wouldn't be able to do that, either. The NFL is one of the most controlling licensees in all of sports. It is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

I Agree The Draft Needs To Be Overhauled Make The Players Fully Editable. Name, Age, School, Appearance, Height Weight, Ratings, Player Accessories Everything. Then Make The Combine More Fun Seeing A Animated Clip Of The Rookies Who Get Invited To The Combine Perform Each Drill Would Be Cool A Long With Commentary From Mike Mayock. "Wow Good Run For That Kid"....So On. They Should Also Have College Stats To Go A Long With Combine Numbers.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There are a ton of threads about franchise/cfm mode needing fixing.

I'll link one of them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rovements.html
Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There are a ton of threads about franchise/cfm mode needing fixing.

I'll link one of them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rovements.html
Thank you closed

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »