Home

Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #41
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor_52
Has there ever been some kind of Manual Passing in a Football Game?

I haven't played Madden in years, but i remember the Icon Passing gets pretty boring after a while, like fully assisted passing in FIFA or NHL
NFL Fever had something called read and lead passing. Instead of icons you used the RS to move a reticle where you wanted the ball to go and pushed RT to throw it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 17 Features and Cover Shoot

Cpu vs Cpu. That is all.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That they are calling it FRANCHISE and not CFM is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I never thought I would say this, but I have faith that Madden and EA will come through this year.
Welcome to the dark side, you are starting to believe.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:26 PM   #44
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

one of things i dont see mentioned though about gameplay:

Not one word about oline blocking. i mean hopefully they dont think it was good in 16 because if i had a dime for every time an olinemen stood there and just watched guys blow right by them to sack my QB in a second from snap, or tackle my hb in backfield then id be rich.

Hopefully that was fixed , as i know not everything was put in this first out put.

However , man was that "trailer" weak as hell or what?Didnt expect alot, but that was , well that trailer of hype kinda made me laugh alittle.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 05-12-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #45
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Can't be upset with the written words they have provided. I'm naturally skeptical. But if they can pull this off and it all be BALANCED this could be a major shift in madden. I will have to wait and see some actual gameplay on the higher difficulties and not with E3 jabronis that don't know squat about football or the MUT/Competative guys either.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #46
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Guy in the Madden 17 thread on neogaf claims to be a UI engineer on the game. responding to a comment on CFM bugs last year he says they haven't skimped on QA this year. Has spent most of his dev time on CFM—so he's still calling it CFM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1217910&page=2
Old 05-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
...depending on their attributes, ratings and speed ... expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins.
Quote:
Gap Play
Quote:
Force Defenders
Quote:
[P]attern [M]atch[ing]
Quote:
Special Teams
In the past, features were implemented which made for great selling tools and cover items; since Rex and team have taken over, there has been an unprecedented amount of Football added to the series. With more yet to come for 2017, and still a lot to do to continue to improve, I can't express how happy I am with the direction taken, and I'm genuinely excited for the future of this franchise.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #48
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Guy in the Madden 17 thread on neogaf claims to be a UI engineer on the game. responding to a comment on CFM bugs last year he says they haven't skimped on QA this year. Has spent most of his dev time on CFM—so he's still calling it CFM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1217910&page=2
That's good to hear if it's true. How the drive goals issue got in last year when all it took was playing one game to figure out how big of a problem it caused wasn't a good look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »