Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #121
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

Great read, these blogs sound very good. I'm going to have to practice on my weak area, stick skills. lol

What move is being performed in the picture on the OP?

I know it's a still picture but is Fuller coming up square to the line, planting his right foot as to say he's trying to stop momentum to his right because Peterson is juking him left?

If so why is AP facing towards the sideline and not up field? He juked to his right and turned his body to the sideline? It's pretty but the laws of physics don't add up. Could be reading to much into it.

Last edited by MountaineersSon; 05-19-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #122
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
That's the thing: he doesn't. Ratings determine the frequency of tackle battles. So if Marshawn goes against a run stopping LB with an equal tackle rating to his truck rating (or some variation of that), you'll get the battle. Against a small DB, he'll just run him over.
That's good news.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #123
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Smitty:
Madden 17: Ground Game Deep Dive Thoughts

https://youtu.be/tNyAD7CIvFs

This is good he talks about some running backs

Last edited by Allball76; 05-19-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #124
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

The tackle battle system doesn't sound like it will be all that invasive. And I would rather have some control in situations like that and have the ratings play out along wih my control, rather than a pre-determined outcome.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #125
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Clint is going to break down the feature in a blog soon but I do know he mentioned or someone as well as Mr Price about how a back like Lynch wouldn't be battling a CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree a guy like Lynch shouldn't be in a battle with a CB, but if Lynch is running down sideline and CB takes a good pursuit angle I wouldn't mind seeing a battle or two there with a stiff arm against a tackle. But straight trucking against a CB there should be no battles.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
When against the AI, there's an amount of time that the prompt will be up before you lose the battle automatically. It's pretty quick for all players but the window will be reduced/might not come up at all for players in certain situations based on ratings.

If you press the wrong button you lose the battle and it's an instant tackle. So tapping the button prior to the battle starting is a non-starter.
Quote:
It's definitely not a cut scene. Think about the tackle battle as replacing the dice roll in these situations. So if you lose, the tackle animation that would have played in that scenario plays out. If you win, the broken tackle animation that would have played in that scenario plays out.
So if you don't control your running back against the AI defense, are you just screwed and automatically lose these "Tackle Battles"? Did EA just mess up the "Coach Mode"? I heard there was no way to turn off this "Tackle Battle". Is there some way around this when not controlling your RB?

EDIT:
I think I got my answer later in the thread. So the tackle battle is just occasionally? And pretty much once in a while with equally rated defensive players? If so, it might be livable.

Everything else in the game play blogs sound incredible. Hope the implementation is on par with what's written. I was also impressed with last years game play effort. My whole disappointment is in Franchise. Really hope this is the year they make Franchise realistic, with depth.

Last edited by bucky60; 05-19-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It does, and it doesn't to me.

Wasn't it APF by 2K, or was it even the last nfl2k game that allowed you to pound away on the A button to assist in breaking tackles.
All of 2K's football games had that. Both for tackle breaking and for running speed. Loved it because it made sure there was never a dull moment. I know not everyone was a fan of the tap, but I hate holding down trigger to run for speed in Madden, there is just no excitement to that, you're just holding down right trigger. Boring.

I'd at least like the tap to be an option in Madden for people who like it.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's not the fact that it's a button press or mash, it's the fact that I want the ratings to determine who breaks tackles and who makes tackles, not a button that pops up on screen and breaks immersion. Say marshawn lynch gets in a tackle battle with a corner....why? Why should I have to hit a button to break that tackle when you already know he should break it.

I appreciate that they wanna make you feel involved once the animations start but idk.
I just don't want icons as noticeable and hanging over the players heads like the Air Supremacy icons are, especially since we won't be able to turn the Tackle Battle ones off.

If it's like this I can live with it:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »