Home

Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #25
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
Saw nothing about assigning your best corner to their best wide receiver
I'd still hold on to that. What came out today was very front-seven oriented. There are still blogs to come that will talk about concepts like the new zone coverage schemes coming this year.

But it would be pretty disappointing if it doesn't make it in this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #26
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much M

That sounded amazing, but gotta see it in action before I get too excited. Ill know its the real deal when people are not able to stop the run in quarters defense or zone passing defenses.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #27
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I really like that the visual feedback that tells you when your defense flips can be turned off.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #28
Banned

Looks like pre-snap defensive player stances are the same again. I hate the way the corner backs stand. Hopefully their is more pre-snap defensive player movement

Old 05-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

After reading that blog, I don't know how to feel. It was an excellently written piece that did a great job of explaining what they've added. This type of realism is absolutely spectacular. The only thing keeping me from getting incredibly excited about this is the fact that there always seems to be a big gap between the conceptual design and the actual implementation. Offensive and defensive line play stands out as the biggest one.

That being said, this is actually the type of thing, if it works correctly, would make me gladly fork over my 60 bucks. You hear that AJ? Real football really does sell!

Even if it turns out to not work properly, kudos to these guys for attempting this. It's excellent.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #30
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I would think it would also make it extremely important who you draft and sign in free agency. If PRC rating has it's desired affect then if you mess around and have guys with low PRC we would prolly see a lot of blown assignments. Getting the players that fit scheme should be important too now. I pray it works correctly. I think we should be cautiously optimistic with this being the first year of implementation. Major props to Madden team for taking these steps.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I'd still hold on to that. What came out today was very front-seven oriented. There are still blogs to come that will talk about concepts like the new zone coverage schemes coming this year.

But it would be pretty disappointing if it doesn't make it in this year.
It's long overdue for us to get this feature (back.) I'm not going to say it's make or break for me, but it's something that is really necessary to make the game play like football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #32
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I would think it would also make it extremely important who you draft and sign in free agency. If PRC rating has it's desired affect then if you mess around and have guys with low PRC we would prolly see a lot of blown assignments. Getting the players that fit scheme should be important too now. I pray it works correctly. I think we should be cautiously optimistic with this being the first year of implementation. Major props to Madden team for taking these steps.
Sam LBs need to have a high strength and block shed while will LBs need to have high prc and agility can't wait

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »