Home

New Zone Coverage Improvements Video - No Fly Zone

This is a discussion on New Zone Coverage Improvements Video - No Fly Zone within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #41
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: New Zone Coverage Improvements Video - No Fly Zone

That looked really good. I like how the LB didn't skate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #42
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
One thins I like about this admittedly short video is that it appears you'll really have to have the right type of players to run some of these schemes.

KJ can turn and run like that, but Curtis Lofton can't. So maybe if you want to use schemes where you'll be asking a LB to run the seam, you'll actually have to have a more mobile LB and less of a T-T thumper to make a base defense out of some of these zone types.

I like that idea a lot.
I hope everything you said is the case. Where I stand with madden nowadays is I love the ideas they are trying to implement but the execution leaves me sour. Last year I was very excited about the new catch mechanics and when I got the game it was great at first until it became evident that every wr could make those ODB catches.

This year I can't wait to get my hands on gap control, improved zones, and phase one of ball physics. But until I see that they are implemented realistically as you stated above, I'm skeptical, excited about the possibilities, but skeptical.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I'm just glad the days of spamming that middle seam on Four Verticals appear to be ending for good.
Idk, looks like Hogan was open on the left side, I would have bullet thrown and lead him towards the middle, or medium throw lead towards middle.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #44
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Idk, looks like Hogan was open on the left side, I would have bullet thrown and lead him towards the middle, or medium throw lead towards middle.
The video is to showcase the principle of the new zones and AI they added. There's a reason there was 22 turnovers in the game, they were just trying to get a good clip
Old 06-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
Looks like the throwing animation has been altered from what I seen in that short video. Brady look like he used his hips and didn't lift his leg off the ground high like past maddens idk
Yeah, looks like they got rid of that exaggerated ridiculous looking leg whip. I really hope theirs new camera angles or they let us adjust the camera height and zoom, I would have loved to see those Qb animations from a lowered camera angle.

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 06-01-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
LG looked a bit goofy, but other than that, looked pretty good. I like how the RT pushed the DE out.
I like this too, I really wanted to see if the tackle was going to attempt to stick with the pass rusher after the push but they cut it before we could see.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are two things that really stood out to me in this video. One was the cornerbacks. They played outside leverage, jammed the WRs back inside and then turned back to face the QB but kept drifting deeper in the zone because they had no one pressing into their short zone area. Excellent technique.

Secondly was the play of the MLB. He immediately turned to the #3 WR, playing him inside out and not letting him cross his face. I don't think we're seen the middle read player in a cover 2 ever play the route in this fashion. They would usually backpedal while facing the QB and not be in a position to turn and run on a mid seam vertical. This new behavior should fix the issues the middle of the zone had with four verticals in a cover 2. So excited about the new zones coverages. Madden is starting to look more and more like real football.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28

A few of the things I noticed from the vid - but as always will reserve final judgement until I can try it for myself.

1. - The movement of the defenders after the snap looked 1000x better than the past. I didn't see any of them standing still, hunched over that was so awful before.

2. - The RT interaction with the left DE FINALLY looked like real line play. I loved how he pushed him outside and he tried to dip that shoulder and get in underneath.

3. - Seeing KJ Wright make that catch is nice, but I've also seen that catch animation from a linebacker countless times in Madden 16. Yes it fits in this case with him, but I'm afraid that every linebacker will be making those crazy catches like they could in 16. I hope not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »