Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Pocket Disengage and Ball Physics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Pocket Disengage and Ball Physics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Pocket Disengage and Ball Physics

@22 dont like how the right defensive tackle just throws the right guard to the ground like he's nothing. Very few players in the NFL can pull off this move, maybe only JJ Watt and Suh. From the clips Ive seen defensive tackles don't get any push, seems to be the same old block for a few seconds then boom they break from the block for a free hit on the Qb. Defensive end pressure seems to be improved, I'm sure pass blocking logic and pass rushing has been somewhat improved but it didn't get the major overhaul it desperately needs. How many years will they neglect to overhaul such a major fundamental part of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
@22 dont like how the right defensive tackle just throws the right guard to the ground like he's nothing. Very few players in the NFL can pull off this move, maybe only JJ Watt and Suh.
That is Suh...
Old 06-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #43
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Did anyone notice how the camera in the Eli vid switched at the exact moment that the DE usually magically pops off his block when the qb scrambles?

I would have loved to see if they hold the block this year when the QB tries to turn the corner...
Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #44
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Did anyone notice how the camera in the Eli vid switched at the exact moment that the DE usually magically pops off his block when the qb scrambles?

I would have loved to see if they hold the block this year when the QB tries to turn the corner...
Yeah, the way they are finishing these clips, with the close up shots, are actually weakening their demonstration of various aspects of gameplay.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #45
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36

They've done this in a few clips now which is kind of odd. In the AP spin video they cut it at the exact moment he put his foot in the ground to start the spin. From the regular angle as the animation started it looked like the animation might look a little odd but up close it didn't look bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #46
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
@22 dont like how the right defensive tackle just throws the right guard to the ground like he's nothing. Very few players in the NFL can pull off this move, maybe only JJ Watt and Suh. From the clips Ive seen defensive tackles don't get any push, seems to be the same old block for a few seconds then boom they break from the block for a free hit on the Qb. Defensive end pressure seems to be improved, I'm sure pass blocking logic and pass rushing has been somewhat improved but it didn't get the major overhaul it desperately needs. How many years will they neglect to overhaul such a major fundamental part of the game.
They definitely need to do something about that. I don't have a problem when the higher rated players throw guys off which is the case here but most of the time it's the only way pressure is created inside. The ends look a lot better with the steering but still suffer from the same thing where it's engaged, engaged, engaged and then either completely free or stone walled. I've seen in a couple of these clips now OLineman going way too far forward in pass protection still also which probably coincides with the fact that they're attached to each other. This is definitely the biggest eyesore left IMO and even though they just did pass rush moves and such a couple years ago but I agree they need to get in and completely overhaul it.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They definitely need to do something about that. I don't have a problem when the higher rated players throw guys off which is the case here but most of the time it's the only way pressure is created inside. The ends look a lot better with the steering but still suffer from the same thing where it's engaged, engaged, engaged and then either completely free or stone walled. I've seen in a couple of these clips now OLineman going way too far forward in pass protection still also which probably coincides with the fact that they're attached to each other. This is definitely the biggest eyesore left IMO and even though they just did pass rush moves and such a couple years ago but I agree they need to get in and completely overhaul it.
I am in agreement with this needing overhauling at some point in the near future. Here's hoping it doesn't take away too much of the developers time.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

I'm just going to mention some things, not to knock the game, but in hope that a dev visiting would take a look at these notations for tuning purposes before release.

1) QB is not being forced up "into" the pocket were most sacks occur, past releases sacks occurred mainly due to deep dropbacks and/or right at the edge of the tackle box.

- the ball speed of the snap on shotgun plays may be a little too "instant to the QB hands", which may be allowing QB's to stand there in one spot while everything else plays catch up.

- flip side could be that the DL/OLB's are still being delayed at the snap across the board before entering into blocking interactions.

- Finess moved still look like they're still being linked to "block disengadgements" rather than just beating any OL blocking engagement attempts.
- this is leading to a lot of stalemates at the LOS, especially by edge rushing DE/OLB's

2) Ball arc on release are still running off of the "punt" animation.
- this is why there are little to no ball knock downs at the LOS, due to the ball release angle coming out as though it's been punted.
- ball comes out like a punt, but then flattens at an angle that the swat/tip animation is triggered.
- ball still looks like it travels from QB "directly" to the WR (tethered)
- "NO" ball travel that leads the WR (hopefully the ball being thrown consistently out of bounds on sideline throws has been tuned)

**my concern from the int is that the ball pops up in the air (ballon style) rather than being rerouted on a similar but different ball path.
- off a shoulder pad or helmet, this animation would be perfect, but off a hand tip, causing such a high ball pop up...

3) Ball Physics during contact/interaction with QB
- ball is held with one hand during tackle interactions!!!

- instead of it being a Trait, "ALL" defensive players should have Strip Ball enabled to trigger the attempt when interacting with the QB instead of requiring a "Big Hit" animation triggering a fumble by the QB.

4) Clip shows QB still slinging Mid-deep balls basically flat footed.
- the deep ball triggers a load-up animation, maybe mid-deep could have something similiar added
- this could help lessen the time QB's have to stand around if this has to be triggered on such throws.

Just some thoughts/aspects to look at before launch.
Like what I'm seeing and can't wait!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »