Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Commentary Plus On Field Audio Enhancements (Kspadethepros)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Commentary Plus On Field Audio Enhancements (Kspadethepros) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 02:51 AM   #1
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden NFL 17 Video - New Commentary Plus On Field Audio Enhancements (Kspadethepros)

.................................................. .............
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 03:08 AM   #2
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Commentary Plus On Field Audio Enhancements (Kspadethep

Already hearing the same commentary lines in these videos haha
Old 06-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Commentary Plus On Field Audio Enhancements (Kspadethep

I like Brandon Gaudin, he's got a good commentary voice and the beginning intros into games sound really good although I wish they'd talk about more team oriented things rather than player match-ups. Not feeling the overall commentary or Charles Davis though. Too many long-winded, generic comments and the last play of this video is a good example of this. 66-yard catch and run while he's talking about motivational speeches on the sideline until he's finally interrupted once the TD is scored.

As for the repeated lines, it's time for ye olde work in progress line. It's still worrisome though given that we hear that every year and it doesn't end up much different. But I don't know how much commentary was actually in the build but I'm assuming it couldn't be much. Brady, Palmer, and Winston all had generic intros and I've heard a bunch of the same lines. Not sure what release commentary will sound like but hopefully the fact that they're able to record so much will reduce the amount of dead space and increase variety greatly.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
Already hearing the same commentary lines in these videos haha
I noticed that as well. Tom Brady and Carson Palmer had the same "he's a veteran surrounded by young guys" line, and with an upgraded system that worried me. But my assumption here is these are all Play Now games. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Franchise commentary will be more team specific and hopefully recap the teams positions in the standings, players approaching milestones, playoff races etc...

crosses fingers, because so far commentary sounds so much better than any previous year. Also, hopefully repeated lines are because each individual console is playing them for the first time. Just staying positive.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

"Quit acting like you're so old; you're only sixty-five."

That is a comment piece I have heard a lot so far, but I believe, with the constant updates to commentary, these types of comments will not be something we as users, will have to deal with for very long.

Definitely the commentary team chosen for M17, both for their talents and continuous availability, hopefully for many more Madden's, was a great idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

My favorite small thing about this video is the run at 2:18 that shows the player celebrate and then pans to the coach, doesn't cut to him. That's neat. It's not much but small things like that help with presentation more than realized by most IMO.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I really liked the vid and I think with them adding commentary each week (to be patched in I hope) this could be one of the best Madden football games when it comes to commentary

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »