Home

Need CB Advice Please

This is a discussion on Need CB Advice Please within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Need CB Advice Please

So I am in the 4th season of my franchise with the Jets and Revis is still my best corner at a 90 overall with confidence boosts 87 without. He still has 88 man coverage and 98 awarness etc but is down to 82 speed. Should I stop playing him? Hes been getting burned a lot lately. I have good young guys behind him so its not a necessity thing just a loyalty thing.

advice??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

Re: Need CB Advice Please

Maybe you can move him to safety like Charles Woodson in his later days.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree.. Move him to safety.. Putting him on tight ends will be effective..
Old 06-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So I am in the 4th season of my franchise with the Jets and Revis is still my best corner at a 90 overall with confidence boosts 87 without. He still has 88 man coverage and 98 awarness etc but is down to 82 speed. Should I stop playing him? Hes been getting burned a lot lately. I have good young guys behind him so its not a necessity thing just a loyalty thing.

advice??

Lol. I feel ya on the loyalty thing. Even though it's just a vid game, I tend to keep players around awhile. That being said, 82 speed obviously is horrible for a CB. And, legit, if u see/feel he's getting beat, it's just time to bench him. I had a slightly diff CB situation. I play with atl and while Trufant is solid in the game, Alford is like a 76 ovr. He's got decent skills, but I noticed he was getting beat often, actually. I was struggling on d overall because of this. I was blaming the game (lol, as I'm sure we all do). 'Stupid madden. Wth, I keep getting beat by that same route.' Etc. anyways, I finally picked up a FA that was better, and it made an instant diff in my d. So, yeah, regardless of attributes, almost, legit, if u see that corner being beat, gotta get him out. Even revise island can go underwater after a few years in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

advice??
If you run a lot of man defense you can keep Revis as the #1 ''IF'' you keep two safeties deep when doing so.

If you are leaving your DB's on islands, and playing a lot of press you'll need to bench him, or consider FS.

Finally if you run a zone based scheme and play off coverage when in Cov3/4, and obviously your Cov2 variations you can hide his lower speed. Finally in a zone scheme you could just move him to nickel DB as the nickel has essentially no deep responsibility.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
MVP

Thanks guys!! I am just getting ready to play my buddy in the superbowl and he kills with those underneath drags. So hard to stop
Old 06-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks guys!! I am just getting ready to play my buddy in the superbowl and he kills with those underneath drags. So hard to stop
Any zone that keeps 5 underneath defenders (2 flat / 3 hook zones) & ''play the sticks''. Manually guard the seams.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
If you run a lot of man defense you can keep Revis as the #1 ''IF'' you keep two safeties deep when doing so.

If you are leaving your DB's on islands, and playing a lot of press you'll need to bench him, or consider FS.

Finally if you run a zone based scheme and play off coverage when in Cov3/4, and obviously your Cov2 variations you can hide his lower speed. Finally in a zone scheme you could just move him to nickel DB as the nickel has essentially no deep responsibility.
I have to agree with this, if Revis keeps getting beat deep it's time to stop selling tickets to the island. Unless you're willing to move him to a #2 where he may be able to take away they're second best threat (unless it's another speedy guy). Safety is an interesting way to keep him on the field since he should still have decent agility and acceleration and play rec which should let him make some plays back there.

Jets had some cool blitzes and schemes that they were able to pull off when Revis was in his prime and shut down half the field, but with him gone you'll have to go back to some more common schemes until another shutdown guy can emerge. Lest you continue to have the deep ball tear you apart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »