Home

Rookie edit bio pic

This is a discussion on Rookie edit bio pic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 02:53 AM   #17
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rookie edit bio pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
To go off of this info..... what about Create a player ?

Do you know if they will have a "Real" pic assigned to specific heads ?

Please tell me the Blank Silhouette has been retired !!!!!
Does anybody know this ?
That's 2 say does this all apply to CAPS ?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:21 AM   #18
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

If only I can remember where I read this... there has been too much info the last 48 hours!

I believe around 170 new actors were used for the portraits and drafted player models. The M16 models were updated from M15 (which used the ancient models since the days of M12/13 I think). But the M16 portraits were not HD due to being a bit last gen, this was very noticeable during the team presentation near the beginnings of matches.

I have read that the portraits are changeable... how this works I don't know, I reckon the portrait will be attached to the model, so change the model, change the portrait. I'm happy for this much needed change
Old 06-14-2016, 04:49 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
If only I can remember where I read this... there has been too much info the last 48 hours!

I believe around 170 new actors were used for the portraits and drafted player models. The M16 models were updated from M15 (which used the ancient models since the days of M12/13 I think). But the M16 portraits were not HD due to being a bit last gen, this was very noticeable during the team presentation near the beginnings of matches.

I have read that the portraits are changeable... how this works I don't know, I reckon the portrait will be attached to the model, so change the model, change the portrait. I'm happy for this much needed change
I hope they still use the old database of portraits so that we have a much bigger pool than 170.

If I remember correctly they can mesh or blend portraits to create "different faces", right? so they can blend the hair and eyes of one actor with the mouth and neck of another. Can someone recall if this is correct? This would give many more combinations for generated rookies.

Ideally they would just create a website were we could submit our portraits and they could use those in CFM.... Now that would be
Old 06-14-2016, 05:27 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Can we edit body type, like stomach, chest and arm size? Muscle definition etc.

It drove me crazy how some of the Pocket Passer Style rookie QB's had huge beer guts. It didn't matter if they were 6'5 220 or 6'3 230, it was a glitch and it would be good to know we can fix the glitches.

Sorry if this was already answered
Thank you!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #21
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I hope they still use the old database of portraits so that we have a much bigger pool than 170.

If I remember correctly they can mesh or blend portraits to create "different faces", right? so they can blend the hair and eyes of one actor with the mouth and neck of another. Can someone recall if this is correct? This would give many more combinations for generated rookies.

Ideally they would just create a website were we could submit our portraits and they could use those in CFM.... Now that would be

The original portraits they've been using for a while are not HD quality, so I think it wouldn't be great to use them again. I think blended portraits unless implemented perfectly could be the funniest disaster to happen to the game!! Hahaha :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
The original portraits they've been using for a while are not HD quality, so I think it wouldn't be great to use them again. I think blended portraits unless implemented perfectly could be the funniest disaster to happen to the game!! Hahaha :P
Hahah word!
But I don't see how simply swapping the old portraits with new ones solves the issue of repeating characters; they did mention that we would have plenty more to choose from so I reckon the 170 are added to what we previously had.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #23
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Can we edit body type, like stomach, chest and arm size? Muscle definition etc.

It drove me crazy how some of the Pocket Passer Style rookie QB's had huge beer guts. It didn't matter if they were 6'5 220 or 6'3 230, it was a glitch and it would be good to know we can fix the glitches.

Sorry if this was already answered
Thank you!
I'm wondering if player build can be edited also. I miss the editor in Madden '05 that would let you edit thighs, calves, and shoe size along with the upper torso.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Has anyone seen video or screenshots they can share of the new generated rookies bio pics or player models. It would be cool to see a side by side of the player's facescan and bio pic.
I would be so stoked if they look the same. It adds so much to the realism when we get deep into a franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »