Home

Rex Dickson talks about possibly patching in Formation Subs

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson talks about possibly patching in Formation Subs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to post this on OS or not so my apologies in advance to the mods but in this video with Sports Gamers Online a question was asked about prior features that used to be in previous installments of Madden.

Rex stated about them trying to patch in formation subs cause it used to be a feature. The part that Rex's talk about this starts at the 2:15 mark if you don't want to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9-XvTmzn8

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-19-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson talks about possibly patching in Formation Subs

Man, that was some pretty impressive assurance from Rex, there. I'm quite confident after listening to that in them getting to formation subs this year. If they ever get formation subs, best-on-best, and o-line injuries in the game, I will be PUMPED. Those things would be HUGE difference makers and add tons of enjoyment / immersion for me.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Anyone want to transcribe high points from the video? I'm out Internet access for a bit and my data plan isn't that great. Much appreciated in advance!
Old 06-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

I got you, CM.

So basically, he talks about the usual promotional material, first. The new commentary team is the real selling point for him. Before, commentary was seen in house as a meta-negative in that it was viewed negatively almost universally. They set out to change that and add life to the game.

Decisions to address gameplay elements were not hard. They had to transform a piece of tech to set up the gap assignments and that was hard. Then talked about the tuning aspect. They joke about how aggressive catch is a curse word to some. Rex says it was tuned badly and he'll own his mistakes.

Then talk about formation subs - easy to get to but just wasn't part of the plan. (WTF?) but they'll get it patched in. He says team play is more troublesome because you have to build a lobby and incorporate new WR / DB interaction to make it fun beyond just the QB position. Rex says best on best is a priority but it'll require the time to go back and shore up the flaws in alignment system. Impossible just to slap it on top due to fundamental flaws.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #5
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Any idea if concepts like "2 RB system" or a "Running back by Committee" made it in this year?

It's been about 15 years since every team ran with the workhorse back. If that ever happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DocHolliday; 06-18-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 10:32 PM   #6
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Formation subs patch 2 calling it now!!
Old 06-18-2016, 10:39 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I got you, CM.

So basically, he talks about the usual promotional material, first. The new commentary team is the real selling point for him. Before, commentary was seen in house as a meta-negative in that it was viewed negatively almost universally. They set out to change that and add life to the game.

Decisions to address gameplay elements were not hard. They had to transform a piece of tech to set up the gap assignments and that was hard. Then talked about the tuning aspect. They joke about how aggressive catch is a curse word to some. Rex says it was tuned badly and he'll own his mistakes.

Then talk about formation subs - easy to get to but just wasn't part of the plan. (WTF?) but they'll get it patched in. He says team play is more troublesome because you have to build a lobby and incorporate new WR / DB interaction to make it fun beyond just the QB position. Rex says best on best is a priority but it'll require the time to go back and shore up the flaws in alignment system. Impossible just to slap it on top due to fundamental flaws.

Also, New Online Architecture which will -
1: Eliminate IP booting
2: Opponents Connection speed will not effect you; thus you shouldn't lag because of your opponent and their internet connection.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Any idea if concepts like "2 RB system" or a "Running back by Committee" made it in this year?

It's been about 15 years since every team ran with the workhorse back. If that ever happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's not in this year, it definitely needs to be on the list for next year. Way overdue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »