Home

M17 CFM Scheme vs Playstyle which one will matter

This is a discussion on M17 CFM Scheme vs Playstyle which one will matter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
M17 CFM Scheme vs Playstyle which one will matter

When drafting/trading/signing players will the coach scheme or play style have an impact on field.

Last few years been trying to figure this out as I'm extremely anal in my team building and I will let quality guys go buy if they don't fit my scheme. Do players play different if their a west coast player in a power run offense or a 43 base in a 34 attacking scheme.

Have yet to get an answer from EA personnel last few years on which matters the most when building a team in CFM. scheme or play style of the player.

Is there a benefit to having all my players on both sides of the ball align with my HC scheme or not.

I run a west coast offense and hybrid defense so I will only look to trade for those players who have that listed in their game profile. I do look at attributes to see the player fits my mold. example. I will take a lower rated CB with high man coverage over a high rated CB with low man coverage due to fact i run man 90% of time.

It's annoying being in a online cfm and watching everyone be Al davis or Jerry Jones and spend every year in FA on high overalls regardless if they fit their scheme on player profile or the users actually play style.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-ratings.html just in case some don't know what i'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Banned

Re: M17 CFM Scheme vs Playstyle which one will matter

to guys who had a a chance to play and look around in CFM or might get a chance before release can you help a brother out.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:14 AM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I thought historically, since Scheme was implemented, having the right scheme player and archetype that fits the coaching scheme influences the rate that XP is gained (fractionally, dev still rules there).

Having said that, in M16, I watched a coach with a mobile QB scheme take over a pocket pass offense and it seemed the QB started to run more (Despite often having terrible speed)?
Old 06-22-2016, 05:24 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

It was my understanding based on posts both here and Reddit that scheme or play style only impacts a players overall (aesthetically) so you can judge his effectiveness in your scheme.

As far as trading away players who do not fit your scheme. A few guys in here found that if you change the players position (in M16) then change it back to their original position. (DE>DT>DE) the player scheme will change to match the coaches.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
It was my understanding based on posts both here and Reddit that scheme or play style only impacts a players overall (aesthetically) so you can judge his effectiveness in your scheme.

As far as trading away players who do not fit your scheme. A few guys in here found that if you change the players position (in M16) then change it back to their original position. (DE>DT>DE) the player scheme will change to match the coaches.
I tried that and it didn't work as well and some guys would switch play style types but not scheme.

When i run a hybrid defense i want all hybrid scheme players on my team with 34 base as secondary and 34 attack as other option. I don't want to have a team full of different scheme players.

example the ravens run a 34 but their listed as hybrid due to the fact how suggs and other players would line up on certain plays/packages.

I just want clarity so where i no longer have to guess if building a team with all same scheme as coach matter or can i just plug and play any guys.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I thought historically, since Scheme was implemented, having the right scheme player and archetype that fits the coaching scheme influences the rate that XP is gained (fractionally, dev still rules there).

Having said that, in M16, I watched a coach with a mobile QB scheme take over a pocket pass offense and it seemed the QB started to run more (Despite often having terrible speed)?
yes scheme changes the way the cpu will play. reason I asked ea white will the adjustments made in coach menu affect the player at that spot now. So instead of having CB#1 scheme as man affect all 3 of my starting corners it will only affect him. Cb#2 will only affect him meaning i can choose a different scheme on how i would want my player to respond/play. etc.

yes i know if u got players who fit coach scheme they would get xp boost and certain attributes would cost less. however this was often debated about if it really works or not. I just want a definite answer which will determine how go about building my team in an online cfm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »