Home

Community Requests: Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Community Requests: Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #17
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Community Requests: Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I too like that the changes make it easier to get info.
But isn't that correcting previous poor design and not really additions to CFM? I view this, not as a major added feature. I view this the same way I viewed the redesigning of scouting and XP the 3,4 times they have done that. Redoing what was already there doesn't feel like a major addition.

To me, this should be a small side thing that we just say, "that's nice" (because it is "nice"). Not a blog item for an "Overhaul".
Agreed 100%,Guess its not just me...

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
I don't understand why it matters if you do it before or after, teams will still draft the players no matter what the names are. Just edit them after. It's not perfect, but at least we have the option to do so now. I am VERY excited that this feature is in.
Oh, I am happy that they added it. It will just not be used too much by me. The reason that I want editable draft classes, is so that everything falls in place correctly. I do not want to go back through and change 5 QBs that were selected in round 1, based of their madden rating, to match counterparts that should have been drafted in rounds two or later. Unless I am just missing something, I want the draft to draft as it should based on needs with real players. If there are 8 highly graded lineman, that are projected to go in the top 20 in real life, I do not want one of them falling to New England at 32. Once again, maybe I am missing something.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #19
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anything been mentioned in regards to the score ticker and will it only show scores around the league. I want to know if player stats will show up too (ala CBS, Fox etc). That would be awesome.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

I love everything they added. My only issue is the way they hyped up CFM like it was some groundbreaking change. Its going to be a little different. But I just don't see me playing it and being like "man, this is SO much better than 16's franchise!" Hopefully when the move to frostbite happens there will be a BIG change
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Has anything been mentioned in regards to the score ticker and will it only show scores around the league. I want to know if player stats will show up too (ala CBS, Fox etc). That would be awesome.
Some screenshots do show stats on the ticker, so that's in
I do wonder how this will work with 32 team control, I reckon all games will just show up as unplayed except SNF and MNF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The bottom line for me is pretty simple.

I see how 12 get's so much love here. And I get that. But gameplay wise? Come on man. Madden 16's gameplay is fantastic compared to any previous gen Madden....all of them. That alone makes me feel great about Madden 17.

I rather have Madden 16's (and I will assume and even better 17) gameplay with the current CFM, than any previous versions gameplay with 12's franchise mode. If that is what I am getting right now.....I can live with that as they keep adding back in features we used to have (and should have don't get me wrong).

It's been a climb from Madden 13 which to me went 3 steps backwards (in order to take the 5 steps forward we have in gameplay).

One of the keys to CFM for me is immersion. And I can say with confidence M16 was far more immersive for me personally than M12......by a landslide. Despite not having the customization of 12, the draft was far better, scouting was far better, draft stories etc. 12 was sterile. If real rookie names (imported draft classes) are that important, with 17 you will now be able to edit rookies to your hearts content. So that is a huge plus.

I actually loved the fictional draft classes which are dynamic and unpredictable. Plus the dynamic draft stories are also cool to follow and track.

I was one who has pounded the sand about dynamic injuries and true probable, questionable and doubtful features. Well they are not there yet, but at least this is a start.

The practice squad is a huge feature add. The ticker is big too for immersion. The more my CFM can feel alive the better.

I think the game has made huge strides in gameplay. M16 was easily the best console football game I have ever played (along with NCAA 14). I am still playing it!!!! And I will even after 17 drops (classic rosters will make that possible).

I am very pleased with this Dev's team commitment to sim players and making Madden more true to life than any football game has ever been IMO. Plus the post release support for 16 was amazing. They are doing a fine job of making a pretty realistic game, but keeping it fun. And keeping it accessible to all types of Madden gamers. Us 40 somethings are not the only ones buying it. Kids (under 13) play this game too and it needs to be accessible as well for them. There is a big balancing act taking place. And it is the only game in town which makes it even a more formidable task to please everyone hence the wide variety of game modes (Ultimate team, Draft Champions, CFM etc).

I think we are going to get the best Madden yet.....really excited for 17.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The bottom line for me is pretty simple.

I see how 12 get's so much love here. And I get that. But gameplay wise? Come on man. Madden 16's gameplay is fantastic compared to any previous gen Madden....all of them. That alone makes me feel great about Madden 17.

I rather have Madden 16's (and I will assume and even better 17) gameplay with the current CFM, than any previous versions gameplay with 12's franchise mode. If that is what I am getting right now.....I can live with that as they keep adding back in features we used to have (and should have don't get me wrong).

It's been a climb from Madden 13 which to me went 3 steps backwards (in order to take the 5 steps forward we have in gameplay).

One of the keys to CFM for me is immersion. And I can say with confidence M16 was far more immersive for me personally than M12......by a landslide. Despite not having the customization of 12, the draft was far better, scouting was far better, draft stories etc. 12 was sterile. If real rookie names (imported draft classes) are that important, with 17 you will now be able to edit rookies to your hearts content. So that is a huge plus.

I actually loved the fictional draft classes which are dynamic and unpredictable. Plus the dynamic draft stories are also cool to follow and track.

I was one who has pounded the sand about dynamic injuries and true probable, questionable and doubtful features. Well they are not there yet, but at least this is a start.

The practice squad is a huge feature add. The ticker is big too for immersion. The more my CFM can feel alive the better.

I think the game has made huge strides in gameplay. M16 was easily the best console football game I have ever played (along with NCAA 14). I am still playing it!!!! And I will even after 17 drops (classic rosters will make that possible).

I am very pleased with this Dev's team commitment to sim players and making Madden more true to life than any football game has ever been IMO. Plus the post release support for 16 was amazing. They are doing a fine job of making a pretty realistic game, but keeping it fun. And keeping it accessible to all types of Madden gamers. Us 40 somethings are not the only ones buying it. Kids (under 13) play this game too and it needs to be accessible as well for them. There is a big balancing act taking place. And it is the only game in town which makes it even a more formidable task to please everyone hence the wide variety of game modes (Ultimate team, Draft Champions, CFM etc).

I think we are going to get the best Madden yet.....really excited for 17.
I can understand some of your points, but the CFM has zero immersion for me. 3 years and I lose interest completely in the current state of the game. If great features that used to be in the game, and are not in the game now, it cannot be crowned the best Madden yet. Are they are on the right track, yes. Should we have to wait two or three more years to get the game that should be out now, no.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The gameplay for me will overcome the lack of some features we used to have. Because playing the game is my favorite part of video game football.

CFM is highly functional and playable (especially with 32 team control). Previous gen Madden on the field got stale quick. So who cares about the off the field stuff when the game fell flat on it's face on the field. The only one that I can say kept me interested was M25 on PS3. I think M10 and 12 get a lot of nostalgic love, and they had some heavy on the field flaws that were game killers for me after a few months. Off the field Madden 10 was awful. M12 while having a very functional franchise mode save for the UFA debacle (oh how I remember that hot garbage bug infested mess) fell flat on the field with pinball tackling and a crap passing game.

When a game keeps me playing for an entire year with no slowing down.....it get's my GOAT crown for the series. No Madden since Madden 2007 (PS2/XBOX) kept me playing year round like Madden 16. The gameplay is un matched by any previous Madden IMO. And it's not really close.

Now if Madden 16 had Madden 2005-2007's franchise....well we would have basically almost perfection.

I am glad the game play is a huge focus....because it's always about that first and foremost for me personally. CFM each year is getting incremental improvements and this year is no different. I think there will be enough improvements this year to hold me over yet again. It's not perfect, and we should have more stuff back from Madden 2005/07 I don't disagree, but I can't play those ancient titles anymore. Those days are long gone.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-23-2016 at 03:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »