Home

Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #25
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
It’s a good cap friendly signing and if Aaron Foster returns anything close to form it’s a steal. You have to think Foster can do it all on offense and doesn’t have to come off the field. Plus JA has had injury concerns as well so lightening the load is a good idea.

If it doesn’t work out they can release him after this year without it hurting the cap. Since 2010 no other RB has more 100 yard games than Foster, AP is 2nd.

Exactly. You've now got 3 guys at the position that have injury concerns over their careers. Ultimately they didn't want to see Miller leave, but they weren't willing to pay what Houston did for him. Their attempt to get CJ Anderson failed, which forced their hand in drafting Drake because the depth at the RB position quite frankly stinks for them. Foster comes in, with a lightened load, it lightens the load for the other two, you're spreading that injury concern over three players, rather than heaping the load on to one. You've got depth now suddenly.

Anyone thinking Foster is going to be a bell cow back for Miami this year is severely mistaken IMO, unless he proves he deserves it. It's Miami hedging their bets on their younger players, the same way they did with signing Moreno to let Lamar Miller grow into the role. It's pretty smart actually.

Also, again, can't stress this enough, Adam Gase loves to use RB's out of the backfield in the passing game. Ryan Tannehill's strength is the short and intermediate passing game. The more quality RB's you have, the better.

As for the screens too... I think Miami's colors look spot on this year. I thought they were maybe a touch off last year, but they look really good this year. Surprised they put him in #23 though as that's presently Ajayi's number unless there's a deal to be made there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

It is a non risk signing. If Arian stays healthy we have a good back for this season to compliment Ajay.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #27
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I know the horse has been beaten to death, but without the mouthguard it simply isn't Arian Foster. Tats would help a lot to
I agree. How hard is it to add those mouth pieces to the game??? It used to be in the old Maddens back on PS2 but not in Madden 17? Wow.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM   #28
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm a Dolphins fan and...

ugh. This signing.
Do you like the new uniforms? Honestly I find them vageuly annoying.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #29
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
It’s a good cap friendly signing and if Aaron Foster returns anything close to form it’s a steal. You have to think Foster can do it all on offense and doesn’t have to come off the field. Plus JA has had injury concerns as well so lightening the load is a good idea.

If it doesn’t work out they can release him after this year without it hurting the cap. Since 2010 no other RB has more 100 yard games than Foster, AP is 2nd.
As a Texans fan, I love Arian Foster but all the time he missed with soft tissue injuries was very frustrating. He seldom if ever was hurt while being tackled or by contact. In Madden he might be a stud as there are no off the ball injuries anyway.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:45 AM   #30
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Steven Ross is a joke of an owner. Always seems to have a make splash signing (Mike Wallace, Branden Albert, Suh) so this year even though it is a small one year deal...it's a name. He has pissed on the tradition of this team ever since he got here. The atmosphere at the stadium is so bad. So contrived and phony.

The team is dreadful. It's been painful being a Dolphin fan for the last 17 years. Horrible product on the field. Games are painful, the quality of our teams play pure garbage. Not being able to ever get a true franchise QB since Marino has been the black hole of this team (and any other team in the league for that matter). It's a QB league unless you have a 2000 Ravens defense.

If you grew up a Dolphins fan like have since 1975.....this has been a dark dark time. Just all around suckage.

We will be lucky to win 8 games this year. Our secondary is going to be brutal, our OL still a huge question mark, and of course IMO I have seen more than enough of Tannehill to know he is not a top tier QB who can lead a team to a title.
Half the sacks he takes are on him. He has almost zero pocket presence and bad foot work. For a guy who is a great athlete and has speed and scrambling ability....he takes a ton of sacks. His sense of pressure is like that of someone just learning the position.....oh wait he is. Expecting a guy who had limited experience as a QB in college to come into the greatest collection of football players in the world (NFL) and learn on the job is futile.

Dolphins fan rant over. We suck.
Still though he is the best Qb you have had since Marino, unless you think Jay Fiedler was better, Pennington did get them to 11-5 the year Brady did his ACL the famous wild cat year
Old 07-21-2016, 05:42 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

He looks too thin but I find EA doesn't model thicker rbs very well. MJD was always done poorly.

They needed more experience at Rb and only guaranteed him $400,000. If he has nothing left (this concerns me) they can just cut him.

And the throwback uniforms are way better than the current ones.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-21-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Still though he is the best Qb you have had since Marino, unless you think Jay Fiedler was better, Pennington did get them to 11-5 the year Brady did his ACL the famous wild cat year

In 17 years this is the best we have gotten? Meh. Show's how bad our scouting and drafting has been all these years. Pennington did have that efficient season in the Wild Cat year. That was the only real fun year besides 2001 when Lamar Smith (remember him?) willed us to a good season (in his career year) and the last time we won a playoff game vs Peyton Manning's Colt's.

It's just been awful though for a long time. Could it be worse? Say like being a Browns fan or Lions fan? No. But it's bad. LOL.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »