Home

Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #41
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
91-93 speed. I find this boring that guys are so close in ratings. I'll definitely be editing to spread things out more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #42
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
We'll agree to disagree. I have played with JJ Watt and watch him get manhandled one on one consistently. I've played with bad offensive lineman and felt like I had just as much time as when I had better OL. I can't feel the difference between Julio Jones and Breahaud Perriman unless you're talking Aggressive Carch, and even then it's 50/50.

Same with Latavius Murray and AP.

Same with Richard Sherman and Jalen Collins

And DTs have almost 0 differential to me. Maybe it'll change this year.
I agree in that I don't think past Maddens did a good job differentiating those guys. While 17 is much better in this regard, I don't think ratings were as much of a problem as programming. A lot of Madden's interactions are based on dice rolls, so what you see as a "the ratings aren't spread out enough" problem I see largely as a "the dice rolls aren't scaled correctly for ratings differences" problem.

Let's pretend we're talking about a game where 2 trucks travel at each other, and the one that can knock the other off course "wins." If one truck was much larger and had much more weight than the other, but the game was programmed to make each collision a 50-50 proposition, you wouldn't necessarily blame the way the game portrays the size of the trucks for the problem, right? You'd blame the way the game simulated the collision of the trucks, the way the game chose which truck-crashing animation to play out, etc.

What's happened in Madden in the past is sort of what I just described, except instead of trucks crashing into each other it's whether or not a QB's pass is going to be inaccurate, whether or not a WR was going to beat a jam at the LOS, whether or not a DE was going to get past an OL, whether or not a WR would catch a ball, or an RB fumble, etc etc. Widening the scale *could* make those things feel more realistic because you're introducing such extreme variables that the game cannot help but generate the desired result (maybe, in the truck game example above, the only way to guarantee that the larger truck pushed the smaller one off-course is if it was the size of a large house). But, it doesn't fix the actual problem. That's how you get situations where people put kickers at G and they can block Aaron Donald a quarter of the time.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #43
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

That makes sense. So is this still an issue?
Old 07-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #44
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree. I have played with JJ Watt and watch him get manhandled one on one consistently. I've played with bad offensive lineman and felt like I had just as much time as when I had better OL. I can't feel the difference between Julio Jones and Breahaud Perriman unless you're talking Aggressive Carch, and even then it's 50/50.

Same with Latavius Murray and AP.

Same with Richard Sherman and Jalen Collins

And DTs have almost 0 differential to me. Maybe it'll change this year.
I definitely agree about the bold. Have experienced these things myself

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #45
Rookie

dayornite's Arena

Psh. Forget Dez "Dropped it" Bryant. Where is AR15? Allen Robinson was unstoppable last year. Tied the league in TD receptions, lead the league in catches 20 plus yards and has the most TD's as a WR in one season since the Jags began in 95.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
That makes sense. So is this still an issue?
From my experience with 17 it's been adjusted a bunch. I know from talking with Rex that it was a priority for this year. Whether or not it plays out that way in retail...we'll see.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #47
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Emmanual Sanders.....yeah a lot of guys had good years last season. I could see quite a few in the high 80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayornite
Psh. Forget Dez "Dropped it" Bryant. Where is AR15? Allen Robinson was unstoppable last year. Tied the league in TD receptions, lead the league in catches 20 plus yards and has the most TD's as a WR in one season since the Jags began in 95.
I think he's definitrly gonna be in the 89-91 range. Dude had a monster year for sure

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Even though those guys are some of the best WR's I still think those ratings are too high. Also think even though he didn't play all season last year that Dez should have been in the top 5.
I think the top few players at their respective positions need to be very high so that there is a reasonable drop off to the next tier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »