Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Scouting & Draft Class Tips (MoonlightSwami)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Scouting & Draft Class Tips (MoonlightSwami) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Scouting & Draft Class Tips (MoonlightSwami)

Interesting changes but I'm not sure it is enough for me to get the game.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Nevermind. The guy answered himself. Below would be why I personally don't like dynamic development (except maybe for certain injuries or age), but not tied to stats or awards.

In real life, Trent Richardson development potential was never = NFL superstar. You're using Madden's developers perception as his real development. So your Trent example isn't really accurate. Madden developers would have just been rating him incorrectly. Trent's real life development potential didn't change. It wasn't dynamic. I believe that's what the other gentleman was saying.
I'll disagree with that. A RB isn't a top 3 pick without superstar potential.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #51
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I think the best way to look at the new dynamic development trait is not from the viewpoint of the previous Maddens with the Dev trait. Being a slow dev is no longer a life sentence and a player has to continue to earn their super dev.

Think of the new dev trait as like a hot/cold meter, but instead of it being game to game, its over a part/whole of a season or couple of seasons. Look at Peyton Hillis as a great example:

He was an unknown FB on the Broncos (Normal Dev), he gets traded to the Browns and shifted position (Play edit) and lights it up for 144yards at the Ravens game (low chance weekly award dev shift to quick). He then produces a fantastic remainder of season and gets the Madden cover (Super Dev +exp). Peyton then improves his game in the offseason (spends XP) but struggles early with injury and doesn't produce expected stats (Drops dev). He then moves around a couple of teams never re-earning the starting job until he retires.

So dynamic development is not a "This is a Bust/Superstar" badge, its a "lifetime hot/cold streak" badge. There are tonnes of players in the history of the NFL who had their spotlight only to flame out due to injury, system change or being just a flash in the pan. But then there are players who worked hard, came from nowhere and now are solid, like Tony Romo.
Excellent post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0
Looks good. Question is, can you create players and implement them into the draft? I used to be big on that when NCAA was connected to Madden, I'd create legend players and throw em in the draft for import into Madden and let the chips fall wherever they fell.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'll disagree with that. A RB isn't a top 3 pick without superstar potential.
I'll disagree with your disagreement. You're talking perceived potential not actual potential. A top 3 pick doesn't necessarily have high potential. That's one of the reasons we always have busts in every NFL draft. There is a fairly significant list of high draft picks that didn't make it in the NFL.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
I'll disagree with your disagreement. You're talking perceived potential not actual potential. A top 3 pick doesn't necessarily have high potential. That's one of the reasons we always have busts in every NFL draft. There is a fairly significant list of high draft picks that didn't make it in the NFL.
Not gonna lie, I don't think what you said makes any sense.

There is no such thing as "actual" potential and "perceived" potential.

Realize potential? Sure. Players fails for various reasons (scheme, work ethic, wrong talent, coaching, etc). Not because of a difference of perceived and actual potential. Trent Richardson had potential. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been so highly thought of by EVERYONE coming out of college.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Not gonna lie, I don't think what you said makes any sense.

There is no such thing as "actual" potential and "perceived" potential.

Realize potential? Sure. Players fails for various reasons (scheme, work ethic, wrong talent, coaching, etc). Not because of a difference of perceived and actual potential. Trent Richardson had potential. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been so highly thought of by EVERYONE coming out of college.
Sure people have a potential. A potential is their Max abilities. Not everyone has Walter Payton potential. Players fail because they either don't reach their potential or their potential was over-rated.

Him being thought of highly out of college has absolutely NOTHING to do with his actual potential. He was OVER-RATED by scouts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Sure people have a potential. A potential is their Max abilities. Not everyone has Walter Payton potential. Players fail because they either don't reach their potential or their potential was over-rated.

Him being thought of highly out of college has absolutely NOTHING to do with his actual potential. He was OVER-RATED by scouts.
That's way too much of a black and white view on why prospects fail and how scouts rate them. Just because he failed doesn't mean he was an overrated prospect.

That 2012 draft class is loaded with perfect examples and actually 2-4 are all great examples of that. Would you say Griffin, Richardson, and Kalil are all overrated prospects? You shouldn't. Being a bust and being an overrated prospect are not necessarily interchangeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »