Home

Madden NFL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #801
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It definitely is if you want to just play now or just have a season. But its ridiculous that it has to come to this.
Absolutely agree with you! But in the end, would be great to have one memorable season...rather than sitting here waiting (and hoping) that the next patch fixes things...

Would you mind sharing what sliders you are using....You can PM me if you ever have a chance....I know you have your own slider thread, but was wondering what sliders you would use on a fresh, out of the box Madden 17...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #802
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm still enjoying 17 a lot. But i do agree with some others that 17 out of the box on default All-Madden was playing the very best i've personally ever experienced. One of the games i played ended 15-12...all FG's. I was shocked at such an outcome. The gameplay pre-patch seemed fair and square. Not having to use any sliders was a brief but great experience.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #803
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Never gave an impression of this game before the latest patch but I thought I'd throw one in now. Unfortunately at the moment I'm afraid I can't give a positive one unless things change via tuners and patches. I will try to keep this pretty brief. I really don't care for the direction this game has gone since release. QB's are pretty much Robo now, O Line ratings don't matter, also have heard that kicker ratings don't matter either, and you can do great with pretty much any QB now. Average QB's play like Brady and Rodgers now even with low QB accuracy sliders and kicking is back to being automatic again for the user. Those are just some of the current problems with the game now. Unfortunately if you care about realism I just can't reccomend purchasing this game anymore.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #804
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Earlier today the CPU QB fumbled the ball against me and as he lay on the ground, the ball nearby, my guys converged on him and just as they arrived the ball warped into his hand. Generally my impressions of the game are pretty good but stuff like this shouldn't happen.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #805
MVP

OVR: 3

The "game was better before the updates" kooks that come out every year, regardless of the game, never cease to amaze me. Your all crazy. And none ever back up the point. The game is IMPROVED in my opinion.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #806
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
The "game was better before the updates" kooks that come out every year, regardless of the game, never cease to amaze me. Your all crazy. And none ever back up the point. The game is IMPROVED in my opinion.
Kooks huh? Don't back it up? Apparently you don't have any reading compression.

I'll spell it out for you......

The last patch killed inaccurate throws and broke the QBA slider. Field goals are now automatic and the slider remains broken so we can't adjust that. Fumbles are now pretty much non-existant for Non-Qbs and the fumble slider won't fix that either.

These are the main issues. The game played much better prior to the last patch for off-line players.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #807
Pro

OVR: 4

Played for the first time in 3 weeks, and I quickly saw why I stopped playing in the first place. Downloaded a tuning update and went straight to my franchise and won 56-3, and this was me not even trying to run up the score. Previously, I was scoring near the 100s each game. The ai just refuses to adapt to the user, which has been a problem for years. If I don't throw a TD to the te running a post route EVERY time, I sure do get close. How does this get past testing?

Soft tackles, ai still can't run, can't defend, annoying, constant, repetitive cutscenes, player ratings and sliders still not translating to the field, the challenge system is broken, it just doesn't work...all in a game. I had yet another run where I'm clearly in the endzone, and even the xp ticker says that I accomplished my xp goal scoring a TD, only to challenge the wrong spot of the ball being on the 1 yard line and lose.

I just can't see myself playing or owning this for much longer. And about the annoying cutscenes, I feel like they show so much since players still have no idea where they are on the field, and this is a band aid to 'clean up' the post play goofy antics like players tripping over each other and players jogging nowhere. I've seen some of this before the game shows Coach Garrett randomly raising his arm in victory(sometimes shows on bad plays too).

There's some serious game ending, continued gameplay flaws, and little details like I just mentioned that make this not fun.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #808
Pro

OVR: 4

Also, I've won superbowls and broken various passing records with Dak Prescott, yet he only has 57 confidence. When you've won as much as I have, confidence should be the least of my team's worries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »