Home

Madden NFL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #665
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
It's getting hard to forgive the atrocious lineplay in this game. The devs need to focus on NOTHING but that for Madden 18. I want to like this game, but unfortunately until they fix line interaction Madden is simply a bust for me.

Madden has come a long way since 15 but line play is lacking big time. I was hoping line play in 17 could see the same kind of jump and improvement from 15-16 that WR/DB interactions had. If line play could get that kind of improvement then the game could go from being just good to amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #666
MVP

OVR: 1

has anyone had to kick a game wining FG etc? they twist the camera angle & pulse the controller to make it more "tense".
Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #667
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
has anyone had to kick a game wining FG etc? they twist the camera angle & pulse the controller to make it more "tense".

The ice the kicker thing? Nope I have not but I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
challenging a play by swiping up on the touchpad (always by accident in my case) needs to go away

I don't have that issue like you do and I didn't even know you could do that in till I saw you say this lol.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:53 PM   #668
Rookie

MNJackson's Arena

I like it a lot. With it's depth, I think it has the potential to be the best Madden game ever.

That's all I got for now.

Jackson
Old 09-05-2016, 01:12 AM   #669
Banned

WISports's Arena

Nothing major, but from a visual standpoint- I think Madden goes a tad overboard with the dirt they put on the players' uniforms. Players (especially every guy) don't usually get that dirty in real life.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #670
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

After playing 44 games of H2H and ending up at 30-14, I can definitely say I am having fun with Madden this year..for the first time in a while.

My main sticking point remains the trenches. I think H2H would benefit from being changed to All Madden difficulty...realistic pressure would put more pressure on guys to make reads....a bad trench game trickles down to the rest of the defense..
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #671
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

The running moves still baffle me after playing since release.. I just don't know how anyone can justify or say that it's better than before.

The default spin and juke are useless, and on defense it feels like straight cheese when you're about to big hit the ball carrier and the CPU decides nope, you're going to whiff off to the side because Shady can do that. Using LT makes the moves slower than smoke, it's like they're playing at half speed.. You have to almost be 1v1 with a defender for it to work out correctly.

Please, god, tell me I'm not the only person that feels like this. There are parts of this game that are good, but the new running attack/mechanics got significantly worse.

Edit: forgot the damn button pressing to break tackles and gain more yards.. easily the worst part. There is no momentum at all in this game.

Last edited by KickassJohnson; 09-05-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #672
Banned

OVR: 7

I ended up buying it after a long deliberations and skipping madden 16. It really was a more difficult decision than it should have been. I don't know if I'm just sick of madden or video games in general but rented it a couple times from red box and felt like this was a big enough upgrade over 15. I think this is better than 2k5. It should be although there isn't a ton that wows me here. It's a good solid football game though. What i really like are the redone audio and sounds. The gameplay also seems as solid as ever. Still some legacy issues especially where crossing routes seem overpowered receivers coming back to ball etc and some unrealistic catches. The movement system I'm not sure I like better than 15. It seems more realistic but players also seem to cut awkwardly at times.

It's typical EA I feel like the game could be better but overall it's a more solid 15 which I felt was a pretty solid football game anyways. Not a huge difference in graphics or gameplay but enough extra features and bells and whistles to warrant a purchase.

This is a great football game! EA gets a lot of flack and deservedly so imo over the years, but this is what a major developer should produce. It's a good solid football game and really has been the last few years. It was more the agony of deciding whether to spend money again lol. I could have waited until 18 and sat there for an hour at the purchase screen like should I or shouldn't I this year. Ugh. But ah well.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-09-2016 at 03:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »