Home

Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #89
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'll answer a couple of these. Lol.
Saving when u want - u can create multiple save points in CFM. I think if press the button formerly known as 'select'. So, u could create multiple save points. Then sim out the one you're unsure of, and go back to the old one. I'm not sure if u can turn auto save off or not, actually, as I just always auto save.

Control on d - it feels like the game is pushing/pulling user player around a little more this year. I think it may be due to revamped d, and perhaps the devs thought everyone needed a little help at the snap? But, yeah, I feel a little heavy control on d, but I can still control what I want.

Annoying holding A for cutscenes - I think Rex mentioned that last year people complained that they were mistakingly skipping the halftime 'show' by pressing A which u normally do for cut scenes. So, they added a Hold A to skip cutscenes this year. Yeah, an option (like NBA 2k) to just skip cut scenes could be nice. I'll tell u what kills me in NBA 2k - why the Hell is the default for 'cut scene after made basket' set to 'occasionally'? I always set that to 'never'. I want to get going, get on the fast break, and this stupid game is showing me a meaningless cut scene? Lol

Mariota thing - yeah, actually, I think the QB scramble mechanisms triggered more appropriately in 16 so far. I've had some issues when I want to actually scramble by holding RT and the QB doesn't really 'take off'. Now, I'm using Matt Ryan, btw, but still, it felt better in 16, imo. Throwing on the run (tapping RT) feels a little hesitant, too, actually, imo, but feels better than scrambling. So, idk, it does feel a little off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanx for the responses.
I don't understand why the Madden people don't try to make their game a little more like NBA 2K. So many more options and freedom (creating teams, moving teams, changing divisions, fantasy draft order, forced trades, draft classes, etc).
I think I might go with NHL 17 this year and hope Madden adds a little more freedom next year.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #90
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Thanx for the responses.

I don't understand why the Madden people don't try to make their game a little more like NBA 2K. So many more options and freedom (creating teams, moving teams, changing divisions, fantasy draft order, forced trades, draft classes, etc).

I think I might go with NHL 17 this year and hope Madden adds a little more freedom next year.

I may be being optimistic, here, but I believe we will see more from CFM in the next 2 years. Honestly, they have had to do so much work on the actual gameplay that has been a legacy issue for decades. Lol. Or, legacy issues, I should say. So, really, they've been allocating resources to that for the past 3-4 years. And, while some may not want to hear this, Rex said the gameplay is close to where he'd like it so they can work on more of the 'bells n whistles' than standard gameplay. I agree with him. While, there may still be outstanding gameplay issues, 16 was by far and away the best madden to date. And, 17 appears to be better (although a little early to tell for sure, but if the additions they made hold up, I'm willing to bet it will be better than 16). So, hopefully, they can allocate more resources to making CFM 'fun' and immersive. Although, on top of all of that, they are moving to frostbite engine soon, and I would think with M18, as FIFA 17 is already using frostbite. And, holy ish, man. I got access to FIFA 17 beta, frostbite engine is NO JOKE! Animations are silky smooth. Transitional animations. Overall gameplay is spectacular. And, graphically speaking, u can actually see the wrinkles in the jerseys moving! This may not sound amazing, but in motion, it is. And, right now, madden jersey wrinkles are stiff. No motion. They are not dynamic. I think those are the types of things we will get with frostbite. So, I'm predicting M18 will move to frostbite and try to tighten up animations/graphics. Now, if they go for a complete overhaul, that could be the bulk of their work - simply moving to frostbite and understanding the animations. I'm hoping they work closely with FIFA team on that to get a head start. So, really, CFM 'reality' could be more M19, depending on what they do. This all my own personal speculation, so do NOT take as gospel. And, we'll only know sometime next year as they announce what's coming for M18. So, yeah, in regards to your CFM madden or nhl question, if nhl has a franchise that u know u like, you'll prob want to hit that up, honestly, as maddens CFM does lack some customization that it sounds like u want. I haven't played nhl in awhile, so can't speak on it. But, in terms of pure gameplay and if football is your fav sport, I would def buy M17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #91
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

As soon as I try and start the Week 1 training in Franchise the game locks up and crashes to the dashboard.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by datni99achris
You are not alone...The trial button is gone for me and i only played 3 games and some skill trainers that equated to 2 hours and 48 minutes....7 hours gone for no reason....
This happened to me, too. My profile says I've played it for a little over an hour, but when I load up the game, it says I have less than 5 hours left. I know I haven't played the game for five hours yet, and I always completely close it out when I'm done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »