Home

Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #273
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Hi,

I am an Aussie who has never been bothered to learn the game in depth until now.

I constantly play coach fantasy draft and absolutely love building a team and building combinations and schemes and cohesion. The major problem is I ****ing suck at it haha. I have put hours into reading and researching different schemes and what type of players suit those schemes.

I dont actually play the game I usually sim and enjoy watching my team in slow spectactor mode. I have tried multiple techniques with the use of guides but I keep seeming to pick a team full of guns and my team still loses.

Example is my current team. I read vertical offence works well with a strong arm QB, fast WR and a power HB. So i selected Big Ben, Brandin Cooks and some 82 overall young power back. I set my QB to prefered balanced QB's and a vertical offence. I didnt know what playbook to use so I left aa is. Anyway my team couldnt even get 1 touchdown. My runs were **** and all my completions were short to the TE or HB resulting in minimal first downs.

Anyway after hours upon hours of having fun creating new teams of all kinds I still cant manage to be the top of the league in the style of team I choose. I love sacking the QB and with a full blown draft focusing on a QB rush team I was still only 5th in the league for sacks yet I had the best player ratings in those respected positions.

Please help me I want to understand but I feel like I am missing so much knowledge.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:08 AM   #274
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
How do i fix the lack of pass rush moves working since update?
Don't User any pass rushers or blitzers! I noticed I get more sacks by user-ing a player dropping into coverage...?
Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 AM   #275
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pick6
How do I defend the "corner strike" plays or similar type of plays better. Usually when I know the play is coming, I adjust my coverage assignments outside but my dbs still get beat when the outside receivers make their cuts to the outside? So far my best way of stopping this play is recognizing the formation and usering either my dB or one of the outside linebackers and wait for the cut to defend the pass but usually if my opponent recognizes this quick enough he will throw to the opposite outside receiver who has the same route who will also usually beat my db.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
You are pretty much already doing all you can... outside cover on the DBs and signal "pass play". Maybe call "protect the sticks" in Cover3 if its X and 10yards, then the DB will drop into a deep zone but sit after 10yards.

Are they good CBs or average CBs with low AWR and PRC? The one-on-one matchup usually favours the smarter player, i.e. Julio Jones shouldn't be able to do this too often on Sherman, but if he is up against a JAG then she should open the route up a lot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 04:13 AM   #276
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMarina
I'm having major problems with my Run Game, all my O-Line are 85+ with good run blocking but when I user my RB (David Johnson in this Franchise), i try to hit a gap and and getting tripped over by a lineman far too much!

Any ideas?
Are you holding the sprint trigger as you approach the hole? Try to not do that, you'll have less control over evading gap-shedding DL and use the right bumper to get skinny.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #277
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewsFromTheP
What are some tips that you guys would have for getting off the field on third down? I play an all-madden offline franchise and have a fast defense with many good corners and speedy LB's but the CPU carves me up unless there's pressure, in which case they just chuck it out of bounds. It seems like regardless of how good the opposing QB is, the ball always finds the hands of the WR on every pass that isn't thrown away on purpose. It's not a problem on 3rd and long when I can sit back in Cover 2 sink but 3rd and 4-7 is just automatic. Any advice from you offline guys about how to stop the all-madden CPU when they only need a few yards?
That's a very tough one as all-madden is often "cheat mode" for the CPU and this year with the lack of intentional grounding and the WRs turn to have a god mode its very hard.

A cheesing tactic is to drop 8 into coverage on all levels (Cover 3 style zone blitz in a 3-3-5 playbook and audible the OLBs to cover the flat). Spread the DL so the NT lines over the centre, the OL will double team the RE and LE so its a 1-1 your NT vs the centre. If you get a pass rush move off the QB will instantly throw it away (which sucks but it gets the stop).
Old 10-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #278
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
How do I actually run with the QB?

When my QB goes outside the pocket, he seems to continue looking for targets. How can I tuck it and run?
Right trigger to sprint but then get past the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 8

How do you effectively shift the line when playing a 3-4 defense? More specifically the 2-4-5 nickel in the 3-4 defensive playbooks. I prefer 3-4 base defense, but I feel in the 2-4-5 you are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to global shifting over the normal nickel. I say this because in the normal nickel you can global shift the dl to the middle to pinch or to the side and they are spaced well. For example when you pinch it actually pinches well. However in the 2-4-5 if you pinch the DL the 2 dl pinches, and if you pinch the LB the inside LB's pinch together but the OLB barely move. There is probably something I'm missing to shift those OLB into a better position, but I can't figure it out.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:06 AM   #280
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

So how do I stop my team from randomly dropping/signing players in CFM? I disabled "Fill Roster" yet they're still doing it.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »