Home

Kick Blocking

This is a discussion on Kick Blocking within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kick Blocking

So I noticed that kick blocking in the game is very different than in the tutorial. Generally, my players barely have enough time to get out of their stance before the ball is kicked, so there is zero chance of ever blocking one. The timing seems similar to past Maddens.

UNTIL... the computer blocked a field goal against me. I went back and looked at the replay, and it seemed like for this kick, they slowed the down the timing tremendously. My kicker didn't start even moving towards the ball until the ball had been placed down. Normally, the kicker starts moving towards the ball immediately so when it gets placed down, he kicks it. This time, he seemed delayed, which is what opened up the timing to block the kick.

This begs the question... why was that kick so slow? Other kicks in that game were normal. Do you guys think this is just a random event that every now and then, a kick will be performed much slower in order for their to be a chance at a block? This way, you can't "cheese" blocks... you can only get one in the ~1% of kicks that are slowed down. That's my theory... any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Kick Blocking

99% of the time your kicker moves slowly off the snap it will be blocked. I too can't figure out the timing for blocking field goals or punts or why you move so slowly to get blocked but I've had plenty blocked against me
Old 08-24-2016, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

That would make sense to me... It seems to be a very difficult play to balance. Everyone will be able to react to the snap in a similar amount of time, so there really isn't much skill involved from the user perspective (at least that I'm aware of at this point). Having a dice roll decide whether you get the opportunity to block the kick would make sense. the only downside is that it's a little unrealistic to have the cause of a blocked kick be a slow-mo snap, hold, and kick every time. Maybe they could add more animations like a bobbled snap, etc.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
Rookie

IDK what the deal is, but if it means anything, I've blocked 1 kick in a game and almost blocked one and got a running into the kicker penalty. I've had 1 of my kicks and one of my punts blocked.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:01 AM   #5
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I haven't come close to blocking a kick, what am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 01:06 AM   #6
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

not realistic but in week 6 Tj ward has blocked 4 fg for me already and it's bc if I press the jump the snap button as soon as the ball moves idky but the kicker just stands there then it's too late I like blocking them but I hate this feature bc it is not random at all just about learning the timing to jump the snap idk maybe I'm just getting lucky

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »