Home

Who else used the new player edit tools?

This is a discussion on Who else used the new player edit tools? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used mine to move players to places that I felt better suited their individual stats, and also gave some faces to the faceless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

I fixed some things I disagreed with, such as Mariotas low throw power, gave some dudes across the league superstar development that should have had it, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Re: Who else used the new player edit tools?

I love it & have/will use it for a couple reasons.

1) When roster updates hit & there are significant changes to some of your teams favorite players or surprise breakout players around the league, you can update their rating in franchise without having to restart & lose all your progress. For example, as a Bills fan I was almost finished with my 1st season in Madden 16 but restarted because Ronald Darby, Tyrod Taylor were backups/3rd string due to having such a low ratings yet they were the teams starters & their ratings had went up 12-15pts.

2) Position changes mid season. In past Maddens they would have depth chart to team playbook relationships all messed up because they use what the team's PR release. Another Bills example, in Madden 16 the Bills default playbook was a 3-4 defense, however, their personnel/depth chart was set as a 4-3 & their was significant awareness drops for just simply moving them around on the depth chart.

3) To combat the random regression of star players, specifically QB's. Yes players fade away in real life, but sometimes by year 2 or 3 in Madden 16 you had journeyman backups & rookie QB's starting over guys like Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Romo etc. I will make sure these guys are still good and starting until they retire.

4) Speaking of rookie QB's, in years past some Madden's have really watered down the league with too many franchise QB's in the draft. Full player editing gives you the ability to make sure this doesn't happen.

5) This is an OCD thing & a very little thing, but it really annoys me after free agency when a big name player gets some random number because a scrub who will likely be cut the next preseason wears that number. Now we have the ability to change that.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
I fixed some things I disagreed with, such as Mariotas low throw power, gave some dudes across the league superstar development that should have had it, IMO.

I took slow development off & on some guys, but didn't rock the superstar boat. Waiting to see how this new dynamic development feature works for breakout seasons etc.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Pro

I edited some salaries and it was super slow...everything else is great. Will be editing the rookies to have real names / ages / weights / looks etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Dynasty
I took slow development off & on some guys, but didn't rock the superstar boat. Waiting to see how this new dynamic development feature works for breakout seasons etc.

Understand. I changed some low drafted players I think will break out i.e. Malcom Mitchell, Tajae Sharpe, and so on

Old 08-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #7
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Dynasty
I love it & have/will use it for a couple reasons.

1) When roster updates hit & there are significant changes to some of your teams favorite players or surprise breakout players around the league, you can update their rating in franchise without having to restart & lose all your progress. For example, as a Bills fan I was almost finished with my 1st season in Madden 16 but restarted because Ronald Darby, Tyrod Taylor were backups/3rd string due to having such a low ratings yet they were the teams starters & their ratings had went up 12-15pts.

2) Position changes mid season. In past Maddens they would have depth chart to team playbook relationships all messed up because they use what the team's PR release. Another Bills example, in Madden 16 the Bills default playbook was a 3-4 defense, however, their personnel/depth chart was set as a 4-3 & their was significant awareness drops for just simply moving them around on the depth chart.

3) To combat the random regression of star players, specifically QB's. Yes players fade away in real life, but sometimes by year 2 or 3 in Madden 16 you had journeyman backups & rookie QB's starting over guys like Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Romo etc. I will make sure these guys are still good and starting until they retire.

4) Speaking of rookie QB's, in years past some Madden's have really watered down the league with too many franchise QB's in the draft. Full player editing gives you the ability to make sure this doesn't happen.

5) This is an OCD thing & a very little thing, but it really annoys me after free agency when a big name player gets some random number because a scrub who will likely be cut the next preseason wears that number. Now we have the ability to change that.

exactly what I will be using it for
Old 08-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #8
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
Will be editing the rookies to have real names / ages / weights / looks etc.
This is also what I'll mainly be using player editing for, but I've used it to give faces to those with blank portraits as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »