Home

It begins: How many many of your kicks are getting blocked?

This is a discussion on It begins: How many many of your kicks are getting blocked? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #73
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It begins: How many many of your kicks are getting blocked?

I think I have played 6-8 full games. (A half dozen incomplete games)

I have had 2 blocked on me, I have blocked 0.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #74
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

in a couple dozen games, maybe 5 blocked, both for and against. I've ran into the kicker at least 5 times as well though.

On an unrelated note, in head 2 head and MUT online, kicking itself can be a trainwreck with less than perfect connections. It doesn't help though the one night I got heavily into MUT I was also drinking and ended up missing about 75% of my kicks that night. Might be the year of mostly 2 pointers
Old 08-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #75
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
I'm curious if the blocked PAT, FG, and/or punts has to do with difficulty levels.

Either way, a patch or tuning needs to reduce these blocks by 70% or something. It should have came with its own slider set. Maybe they'll do that next year.
It has to be. This has all happened to me on All-Madden. Now, I've figured out how to protect myself on punts but for FGs and XPs, I have no idea how to stop it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #76
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Had my first FG blocked. It's cool that this happens but watching the FG get blocked and lay right in between my holder and kicker while they just stand there in a "kicks haven't been blocked in madden since 06 wtf" daze while a defender runs through and picks it up for an inevitable score was pretty annoying.

I agree that it is likely tied to difficulty. On default All-Madden I had back-to-back punts blocked in one game and now a FG in 6 games and I haven't even gotten off the line or close to blocking one yet.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:59 PM   #77
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I knew this would be an issue when they implemented that this season. Most likely feature to be removed next year IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
1 FG and 2 punts blocked in about 15 games.
Even this is too frequent. blocked kicks are pretty rare in the NFL. I'd like the madden team to focus more on making sure they release a bug free game than making it possible to block kicks too frequently
Old 08-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #78
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I knew this would be an issue when they implemented that this season. Most likely feature to be removed next year IMO

Even this is too frequent. blocked kicks are pretty rare in the NFL. I'd like the madden team to focus more on making sure they release a bug free game than making it possible to block kicks too frequently
For sure, and, like most new Madden features, this was probably over-emphasized so people would "know" it was in the game. Though it has to be asked if users are adjusting their formations to account for the fact that blocks are a possibility? Real NFL teams and adjust their formations when they are in positions that make blocks more likely/dangerous, and once in in a while might even elect not to kick to avoid the risk of a block. Madden players have become comfortable with never having to worry about a blocked kick, so just might possible have developed bad habits where punting/kicking plays are concerned.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:29 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2
It begins: How many many of your kicks are getting blocked?

Got my first one blocked tonight. Opening game of the season and boy did it swing the momentum of the game for the cpu. I really am thankful that I signed Driskel to be my backup. He walked the turd down who was trying to house my hopes and dreams up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 12:45 AM   #80
Rookie

Played 3 play the moment games tonight on all pro before going to work and had the computer block 2 kicks.

Both I was up by 2 scores when it happened. One they returned the other they fell once they grabbed it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »