Home

So practice squads aren't realistic...

This is a discussion on So practice squads aren't realistic... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: So practice squads aren't realistic...

Just went through the roster and 6 of the 10 players that the Chiefs signed to their practice squad today aren't even practice squad eligible in M17. Nice.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just went through the roster and 6 of the 10 players that the Chiefs signed to their practice squad today aren't even practice squad eligible in M17. Nice.
Did you read anything CM posted? It's a simplified system that can be improve on in future versions. This is the first run.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:56 AM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This comes down to realistic expectations. For years, gamers have been asking for a practice squad. We finally get such a feature and suddenly there is this expectation that it would be 100% true to life and flawless in its first iteration.

I believe most people understand this concept and are very pleased to see features like this make their way into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 02:00 AM   #12
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm ok with it for now. It's nice to have 63 guys on my roster instead of just 53.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:36 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This comes down to realistic expectations. For years, gamers have been asking for a practice squad. We finally get such a feature and suddenly there is this expectation that it would be 100% true to life and flawless in its first iteration.

I believe most people understand this concept and are very pleased to see features like this make their way into the game.
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaat?
I don't think I've ever read a comment like this before, even here at OS....

So expecting a REALISTIC practice squad is not a REALISTIC expectation?

This is not like adding formation subs where they get to use the "we got it in on the last minute" argument, this was a feature.

This has nothing to do with the feature being "oversimplified" for the purpose of making it more accesible; we don't know if that's the case btw, it could very well be shortsighted planning.

The issue lies in the fact that they could have opened up PS for up to 3 seasons and keep the exact same simple system for all types of users to understand while still allowing for all players that have practice squad eligibility to be included. As Deuce mentioned, this is not affecting 1 team, it affects every single team in the league.

I do wonder how the 53 man roster are gonna look though; my biggest concern is they will end up making starting a CFM more troublesome than it should be since they are likely to include 53 + PS players for the PlayNow rosters without taking into account that many of the PS players are not eligible in their CFM design. So basically the user has to be wary of the CPU cutting rookies or 2nd year players that actually made team in favor of PS players that are not eligible in Madden's system. Yayyyyyyyyy more hassle to CFM!

To finish my argument, I do believe the "oversimplified to please all types of users" goes in a totally different direction of the gameplay changes being made in recent editions to make the game more sim; which is likely why gameplay and CFM receive such different reviews from hardcore players.

Last edited by msdm27; 09-05-2016 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Grammar fixing
Old 09-05-2016, 03:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Did you read anything CM posted? It's a simplified system that can be improve on in future versions. This is the first run.
Simplified or not, that's terrible. I can understand things like waivers not being in, but when you screw up eligibility that badly, saying it's 'simplified' is a weak excuse.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:11 AM   #15
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Practice squads should work somewhat better when the new roster update comes out, as it will contain the starting 53 and the 10 PS members, like the OP said, for some teams that might mean an ineligible PS member with how Madden works.

But..... with the current rosters, a lot of eligible players get cut at the Week 3 mark and don't make their teams PS come week 4, new rosters should fix some of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 04:43 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

if i remember correctly the waiver wire was in HC06 not sure about HC09

i can understand why they implemented it like it is, it makes sense, and having stolen a couple from other teams they have done the same so its all good. anyone over 68 novr is in danger except hbs in my experience

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »