Home

What are some things you want fixed?

This is a discussion on What are some things you want fixed? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What are some things you want fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Agreed that the game is pretty great.

CPU draft logic still needs help tho. In the first year of my Rams offline CFM the Cowboys drafted 3 QB's in a row to start their draft.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
i watched the browns take three QB in the first three rounds. they would have taken two in the first round had i not traded for their second first round pick. it is like the CPU doesn't make note of who it has taken in the draft so far.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

I want an option to turn off vibration on xbox one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #11
Rookie

carlito1171's Arena

I really like this year's madden, and with a solid patch or 2 this game will go from great to excellent! But for thread's sake here's what I feel needs work(note: this is mainly about CFM because that's the mode I play the most):

Challenges: this is a legacy issue that needs complete overhaul. We should be able to change anything we want on every down.

Presentation: Madden def took it up a notch this year(although a patch to interrupt Charles Davis at times would be nice.) However I still would like to see a difference in presentation during primetime games and playoff games. Primetime games should feel like it. From the crowd to the way the madden scoreboard looks on our TV. Same with playoffs, there should be a noticeably more raucous crowd at a playoff game then a regular season game. I love the ticker though!

QB mechanics: another legacy issue that needs a complete overhaul. Each QB should feel different on drop backs and moving around in the pocket. Mechanics should be a tangible rating and then maybe we can see true inaccuracy, not just the synthetic inaccuracy we see when we tweak the sliders.

Bring in formation subs for custom play books

Bring back defensive assignments

Please bring CFM to where it was back in the Madden 04-05 days. It was truly a deep mode back then. Bring back a true create mode for relocation. We should have complete control over creating a new stadium, new logos, new unis, and where we move to. The city list should be more expansive, like it was back then.

Bring back offensive and defensive coordinators(also the ability to edit them)

The trenches could use an overhaul too.

I do like the direction Madden is going in though, and I've been one to bash EA since the exclusive license. Looks like they actually seek information from the community and find ways to implement it which impresses me. It will be interesting to see where Madden 18 goes if they do use the new frostbite engine for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Dont get me wrong, this game is great but there are just some things I think sorely need cleaned up.

1. CPU QB Awareness in the pocket / play like they do in real life.

2. CPU clock management.

3. Animations carrying players out of bounds. (Not knowing where sideline is)

In my CFM (Vikings) Mariota lit me up for 300 yds, next game against Rodgers, he doesnt even go over 200 and i held them to 0 points.

I agree with 1 and 2 and I would also had pass rush line play but all 3 have been a issue for a while so I don't no if they are going to get fixed or improved in a patch. 1 was better last year before patches. I have a felling it is a hard thing to fix and not make worse. 2 much better last year and this year but CPU still does some silly things. Now pass rush/line play is like the worst part of the games gameplay by far. It is way to hard to get a consistent pass rush. I can turn down pass blocking and then I can get sacks but the issue is it is either no one blocks and you get to the QB in like .2 seconds or they have a hour to make a pass. There needs to be a in-between.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #13
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

- Fumble scrums where 4 players on one team can't pick up the ball and the 1 other guy "gets it back"

- Play calling screen, menus are still laggy-ish.. It should be extremely responsive

- On defense when you have a dline player selected, making adjustments and pressing RT to look at the play results in encroachment/penalty... ****ing unbelievable that this still happens

- Does intentional grounding work at all? I've seen way too many passes thrown straight out of bounds from the pocket (All-Pro) when under pressure

- QB getting hit while throwing results in a fumble probably 75% of the time that I've seen

- CPU trade logic.. I'm the Eagles and the Redskins gave me a 1st rd pick for Bradford (they're in my division and have Kirk Cousins)

- Way too much button-pressing.. Game feels arcadish now, especially the new running game
Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
Rookie

iimrampage28's Arena

OVR: 2

Currently playing a few defensive player CFM's. I would like to have the camera fixed. I fully understand that in real life a defensive player can't see behind themselves but I would still much rather play defense from the offensive angle. Maybe the option to change which camera you are using would be fair for those who like the camera the way it is.

Also, when a pass is thrown over your head and you're pursuing the ball, the camera does the slow turnaround and will completely throw off your momentum. I'm not sure if it is by design but I'm pretty sure it was not always like that.

Los Angeles Lakers | New Orleans Saints | Boston Red Sox | Jackson State Tigers
Old 08-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #15
Rookie

FinnishRaider's Arena

OVR: 2

Gameplay feels pretty good with the sliders I have now, but one thing that bothers me a lot, is USER Outside Running is too easy. I tried to test it and play couple of drives and only call Stretch running plays and I scored both times with 80 yard drives with calling only different variations of Stretch runs.

I think this is a real problem. Does anybody have the same problem?

This was happening with USER Run Blocking Slider at 30.

-

Pressure from the USER Defensive line is too weak. I think CPU Defensive line is getting better pressure, but USER pressure is no show. I think this should be tweaked badly.

-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Gameplay menu selection - I want to stay in the formation/section I was in on the previous play selected..I am tired of the CPU switching me out to the coaches choice screen or such after timeouts, change of game pace, etc etc..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »