Home

How to Stop Crossing and Drags routes?

This is a discussion on How to Stop Crossing and Drags routes? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 03:41 AM   #1
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
How to Stop Crossing and Drags routes?

These are killing me online, that's all people do, I only play on the defensive line, what is the best defenses to stop these routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: How to Stop Crossing and Drags routes?

I would try playing tight man with a spy in the middle or some type of zone coverage where your lbs flood the middle of the field.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
These are killing me online, that's all people do, I only play on the defensive line, what is the best defenses to stop these routes.
Easy....

SCHEME 1

Play cover 2 any nickel formation. The LB's will clog up the middle of the field and cover a little of the outside. Your CB's will cover the rest of the drag route once the WR gets outside of the LB's.

I take my DE's and have them both spy the QB. Take control of your fastest DE and have him run the WR thats dragging. Usually this throws off the QB then he starts looking for his/her other options. If he waits to long to find an open receiver you'll most likely get a sack.

SCHEME 2

Play Nickel Cover two man

I like this one the best because you have the two safeties playing zone you can have them play inside, outside or over the top so you don't get beat deep.
You'll have 4 LB's and your two corners playing man, so every receiver will be guarded. Also look for LB's who are fast and hopefully have ok coverage skills...

with my D-Line Ill drop one of my DT's in a deep zone from the line of scrimmage so he clogs the middle. This time I put my one of my DE's in QB spy.
I put the outside blitzing LB in a QB spy also and I take control of him. I use him to double any receiver dragging.

You can also spot light a receiver that'll make your defense give extra attention to that player.

Last edited by highmiles100; 08-30-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #4
Rookie

When Im getting killed with these. I usually just play Nickel cover 3 sky and adjust my Secondary to play underneath. I've gotten quite a few INTs doing that online. I only allow 11 points a game online after playing 23 games. 17-5. Started 3-4
Old 08-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Guy tried that on me and it was his entire game plan. User one and play 3-4 cover 2 press the receivers (if corners are good at it)

2016 Ford Fusion SE 2.0L AWD
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »