Home

NFL Rookies and Draft Rookies.

This is a discussion on NFL Rookies and Draft Rookies. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #17
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Rookies and Draft Rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I don't mind the draft classes at all, I think they are well done. The problem is with the real life rookies.

The Madden devs don't know who is going to a top rookie so they err on the conservative side with their ratings. If Dak actually plays like he did in the preseason he will become a 4th round draft steal with an 83 OVR...but they can't predict that so he's a low-70's OVR dude in default rosters. Can you imagine the uproar over the summer when ratings were leaked if Prescott was 82 OVR?

Sure Wentz and Goff may play like mid-80's QBs by seasons end but the devs can't predict that so they leave them at 78 OVR. It sucks but thank goodness we can edit now! Adrian Peterson played like a 90 OVR HB his rookie year but he was not rated that high out of the box for reasons I stated.

I boosted Wentz and Goff and gave them Superstar Development so they can stay ahead of the created rookies.

The CFM rookies are realistic in that they have a few studs like every class has. They can create their own fiction because they are fictional.
Giving them better development goes a long way IMO. Any of the qbs from this first round with better development would be worth investing time in. I would play with Paxton Lynch (72ovr) if he had better development.

As a poster above pointed out...

putting draft news in with scouting would be a good move. Everytime you go scout you could see what is being said about them.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NFL Rookies and Draft Rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I don't mind the draft classes at all, I think they are well done. The problem is with the real life rookies.

The Madden devs don't know who is going to a top rookie so they err on the conservative side with their ratings. If Dak actually plays like he did in the preseason he will become a 4th round draft steal with an 83 OVR...but they can't predict that so he's a low-70's OVR dude in default rosters. Can you imagine the uproar over the summer when ratings were leaked if Prescott was 82 OVR?

Sure Wentz and Goff may play like mid-80's QBs by seasons end but the devs can't predict that so they leave them at 78 OVR. It sucks but thank goodness we can edit now! Adrian Peterson played like a 90 OVR HB his rookie year but he was not rated that high out of the box for reasons I stated.

I boosted Wentz and Goff and gave them Superstar Development so they can stay ahead of the created rookies.

The CFM rookies are realistic in that they have a few studs like every class has. They can create their own fiction because they are fictional.
This is a good example of why ratings should be hidden and then somewhat randomized (take the base and add/subtract a few points based on a normal curve) at the start of each franchise. Otherwise you get rule by mediocrity because they don't want to pick a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »