Home

Madden 17 - How to challenge a play?

This is a discussion on Madden 17 - How to challenge a play? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 17 - How to challenge a play?

I had 2 plays that I thought were TDs:

1. I caught a pass in the EZ and came down with the ball - it was ruled incomplete.

2. I ran a toss sweep and ran to the EZ at an angle right next to the pylon stepping into the EZ then out of bounds - I was ruled out at the 1 yard line.

How do you challenge these plays that are questionable?

Last edited by auy2k; 08-30-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

Re: Madden 17 - How to challenge a play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auy2k
I had 2 plays that I thought were TDs:

1. I caught a pass in the EZ and came down with the ball - it was ruled incomplete.

2. I ran a toss sweep and ran to the EZ at an angle right next to the pylon stepping into the EZ then out of bounds - I was ruled out at the 1 yard line.

How do you challenge these plays that are questionable?
I had a receiver catch the ball and take it into the endzone only for it to be reviewed and brought back to the 1yrd line when you can clearly see my receiver took it over and was tackled in the end zone only for me not to be able to challenge it.. so stupid
Old 10-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Depends, After the play, Hit that little OPTIONS button on right side of your controller, Just past the BIG TIME OUT button.. That will take you to your teams options screen where you can check depth chart, check stats, injury's . Slide over to the CHALLENGE PLAY.. If it does not have a lock on it, just click on it, then slide back over to RESUME PLAY.

If you are playing CPU vs. CPU. After the play you have to push the o button to exit. then the X to exit as soon as possible. Then go to play of the moment and select PLAY FULL GAME. This will put you in control of your team, Then follow the same procedure as above. Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:05 AM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The game is not real good at recognizing where the ball is in regards to the goal line and where the knee hits; makes me wonder if the game only loks at where the knee is on all plays, instead of the ball, and thus cheating users out of a yard or two...

I have, on more than one occasion, been called down near the goal line, when replay showed the ball was over the line before the knee was down..

I believe this is something that should be looked into as a priority issue.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The game will allow you to challenge if you do it before the automatic instant replay takes place. So right after the play, before the replay, hit pause and go to the challenge menu and it will let you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The game is not real good at recognizing where the ball is in regards to the goal line and where the knee hits; makes me wonder if the game only loks at where the knee is on all plays, instead of the ball, and thus cheating users out of a yard or two...

I have, on more than one occasion, been called down near the goal line, when replay showed the ball was over the line before the knee was down..

I believe this is something that should be looked into as a priority issue.
same thing happened to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »