Home

Hackers Take EA Servers Down, Madden NFL 17 & Many Other EA Games Impacted

This is a discussion on Hackers Take EA Servers Down, Madden NFL 17 & Many Other EA Games Impacted within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #41
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hackers Take EA Servers Down, Madden NFL 17 & Many Other EA Games Impacted

One thing forsure, DownDetector is an outstanding service. Had no idea it existed. Things look to be on the up and up.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #42
Banned

oldjim's Arena

OVR: 0

It's about time somebody beat a hacker with a baseball bat and posted their battered face on Twitter.

That would stop hackers.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think this thread should win the most ignorant filled thread of the year. It's clear a lot of you guys have no idea about how digital downloads work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #44
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think this thread should win the most ignorant filled thread of the year. It's clear a lot of you guys have no idea about how digital downloads work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is hilarious what people don't know on here.
It reminds me when I first got internet access and my grandpa tried to explain to me how evil it was.
I actually read a comment earlier today on a different forum in which someone said that once Playstation and XBOX go completely digital (and it is coming) that that would be the end of them ever buying another game. Made me crack up!
I am guessing the same people that hate digital copies of games do buy digital copies of music now and have no problem with that. lol
No one quit buying and listening to music once iTunes came out.
It makes no sense at all!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #45
Rookie

I'm not sure if reading this thread made me feel smarter or lowered my IQ by 10. Stunning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #46
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
It is hilarious what people don't know on here.
It reminds me when I first got internet access and my grandpa tried to explain to me how evil it was.
I actually read a comment earlier today on a different forum in which someone said that once Playstation and XBOX go completely digital (and it is coming) that that would be the end of them ever buying another game. Made me crack up!
I am guessing the same people that hate digital copies of games do buy digital copies of music now and have no problem with that. lol
No one quit buying and listening to music once iTunes came out.
It makes no sense at all!
my issues with games being digital is it hogs up my bandwith dl'n a huge 40-60gb game and the sheer time it takes me. where as with music its much smaller to dl an album or a song and of course takes up less hdd space as well.

then u also have the issue of if ur hdd isnt humongous and u have a decent size library, say u have to delete an older gm to accomodate a new one. well what happens when xbox live or psn decides to remove it off of their servers for good which does happen all the time with older content....well that license u own to the digi copy is null and void and no refund will be given. too bad u want to go back and play a game u own and its no longer there to be dl'd. this is why some ppl didnt want full digi and im one of them. some ppl clearly havent thought it all the way thru for everyones scenario.

end of the day i like to go back and replay old gms and also like to keep a collection so im all about physical copies. i cant count how many older gen gms ive gone back to play going all the way back to nes. not possible in a digi only world. hell theres x360 gms that i cant even re-dl cuz the content is gone.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #47
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
my issues with games being digital is it hogs up my bandwith dl'n a huge 40-60gb game and the sheer time it takes me. where as with music its much smaller to dl an album or a song and of course takes up less hdd space as well.

then u also have the issue of if ur hdd isnt humongous and u have a decent size library, say u have to delete an older gm to accomodate a new one. well what happens when xbox live or psn decides to remove it off of their servers for good which does happen all the time with older content....well that license u own to the digi copy is null and void and no refund will be given. too bad u want to go back and play a game u own and its no longer there to be dl'd. this is why some ppl didnt want full digi and im one of them. some ppl clearly havent thought it all the way thru for everyones scenario.

end of the day i like to go back and replay old gms and also like to keep a collection so im all about physical copies. i cant count how many older gen gms ive gone back to play going all the way back to nes. not possible in a digi only world. hell theres x360 gms that i cant even re-dl cuz the content is gone.
Took me less than an hour to download Madden last night.
It would take me longer to drive to the nearest video game store, park, deal with the store, drive home, and then download a day 1 patch. Then it would to just download the game from the PS Store.
Also what do you do when you run out of space on whatever you have your music stored on?
I currently have 12 games downloaded and stored on my PS4 and still have plenty of room for more.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #48
Rookie

althor's Arena

^Plus it seems the games get larger and larger.

My grandson's ps3 takes removing 2 or 3 games just to play the newest games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »