Home

Anyone else hitting an invisible wall when you time up a blitz really well?

This is a discussion on Anyone else hitting an invisible wall when you time up a blitz really well? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Anyone else hitting an invisible wall when you time up a blitz really well?

I think any posts about the nano detection system should include a video. It's easy enough to grab video off both consoles and video would help diagnose and see what, if anything, people are doing to trigger it. And if appears to trigger in a way that differs from the way the developers have said it should, video gives great evidence for them to improve on any unintended cases of it.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #18
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I selected save video clip after hitting the share button after the play happened. How do I get it on here from there?
Old 09-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #19
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I watched the video and found how to upload it to youtube, however I have 1mg download speed and probably much worse upload speed so I'm not even going to bother setting up a youtube account to upload it right now.
I did take one step but was not planting my second step yet as the snap happened but had not moved my player prior to that. If that initiates nano detection than it is too sensitive.
Not sure why the left guard is immediately double teaming the nose tackle at the snap rather than taking a peek at who may be coming straight at him.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #20
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
I've seen nano detection queue when it shouldn't, rushing through the guard-tackle gap on an overload. Per the devs, it's specifically NOT supposed to punish well planned overload situations.

I wish, at least for offline, there were a toggle for it in the game settings. I don't play online or H2H, but I'd imagine it's necessary there.

I'm having a hard time respecting dev decisions like this because it seems like the game is being determined by "dicerolls" and "buffs/nerfs." The turbo button homing device is like this -- on a patient cutback run if I hit turbo when a cutback lane opens, like what really happens in real football, all the DL and LB get blockshed buffs and I'm toast.
Gaps are new to the game. With a short dev cycle, I'm only assuming not every measure could be accounted for in detailed observation... thus, the anti-nano system compensating for on-line users who would surely figure out ways to unrealistically abuse the gap system.

Yes, it may have SOME flaws, but if anything, you should respect it for now, otherwise you'd very likely be one of the users complaining why EA didn't do more to implement a "safe-guard" to prevent users from nano-blitzing you all day online towards cheap wins.

It's a simple question, really... would you rather play a game where you occasionally get "walled" on a blitz, or deal with nano's every single offensive play and being forced to throw 5 yard slants and stick plays all game? It may be a slight inconvenience to most, but it's something that makes the game (and new gap play) enjoyable until they get the data from user play to make the feature better.

On top of all that, Rex and his team have been transparent on a lot of these issues. They certainly haven't shied from keeping us informed about, not only what they do, but specifically why they do it. Don't go losing respect for them just yet.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 PM   #21
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
I watched the video and found how to upload it to youtube, however I have 1mg download speed and probably much worse upload speed so I'm not even going to bother setting up a youtube account to upload it right now.
I did take one step but was not planting my second step yet as the snap happened but had not moved my player prior to that. If that initiates nano detection than it is too sensitive.
Not sure why the left guard is immediately double teaming the nose tackle at the snap rather than taking a peek at who may be coming straight at him.
FYI (really not trying to be rude here, only helpful)... when someone states it may be better to post a video to help out with your issue, saying "I'm not going to even bother" and still requesting help may not get you what you're looking for.

You don't always get an answer immediately, so better to wait for your youtube upload to finish so you can get a proper response, instead of replying immediately without a vid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #22
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
FYI (really not trying to be rude here, only helpful)... when someone states it may be better to post a video to help out with your issue, saying "I'm not going to even bother" and still requesting help may not get you what you're looking for.

You don't always get an answer immediately, so better to wait for your youtube upload to finish so you can get a proper response, instead of replying immediately without a vid.
There's no guarantee we'd be able to see what triggered the nano detection, just that video is more helpful than no video. In the other thread about nano detection, different videos were really helpful for analysis.

Last edited by SmashMan; 09-06-2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Gaps are new to the game. With a short dev cycle, I'm only assuming not every measure could be accounted for in detailed observation... thus, the anti-nano system compensating for on-line users who would surely figure out ways to unrealistically abuse the gap system.

Yes, it may have SOME flaws, but if anything, you should respect it for now, otherwise you'd very likely be one of the users complaining why EA didn't do more to implement a "safe-guard" to prevent users from nano-blitzing you all day online towards cheap wins.

It's a simple question, really... would you rather play a game where you occasionally get "walled" on a blitz, or deal with nano's every single offensive play and being forced to throw 5 yard slants and stick plays all game? It may be a slight inconvenience to most, but it's something that makes the game (and new gap play) enjoyable until they get the data from user play to make the feature better.

On top of all that, Rex and his team have been transparent on a lot of these issues. They certainly haven't shied from keeping us informed about, not only what they do, but specifically why they do it. Don't go losing respect for them just yet.
Like I wrote in my post, which you quoted, I DON'T play online, so getting nano blitzed to death is a nonissue for me. And for many others.

I also stated it's a good idea, but that the option to disable it should be there for those who, like me, play offline CFM. I assume that can be done, coding wise, relatively easily without having the option to disable it in Online mode.

Solving a competitive online H2H problem with a global nerf that affects all modes was a bad idea, I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »