Home

Old 09-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

OVR: 0
Sliders

I don't get why they make them. Like to help mask their bad game? So the user can help compensate for the game lacking in areas? It should b played one way one game. I dk convince me otherwise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
I don't get why they make them. Like to help mask their bad game? So the user can help compensate for the game lacking in areas? It should b played one way one game. I dk convince me otherwise
It's to help players tailor the game to their skill level and ability if they need to as well as allowing users to tailor the game to their preference of play. It can help compensate for certain areas that may lack (like QB accuracy) but their main purpose is to help the user adjust specific areas in the game to their liking.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Yeah. It'd be great for a sports game to just come out and play like the sport it represents. Which, of course, all sports games to a certain degree. But, for some reason, imo, ALL sports games are always a little off, specifically when playing CPU. The only game I'd give a pass to is FIFA, but I only play that H2H. But, again, more specifically against the CPU, sliders just give players extra customization to play the game they want to play. And, depending on a person's skill level, they may need to shore up something with the sliders so the game is not completely out of whack. And/or, maybe the game doesn't quite emulate the sport in a players opinion, so they can manipulate it. One example I always give is actually from NBA 2k. U ever play that game? Try going down low inside with a monster center. Try to go up and dunk under the rim. What happens? A silly looking weak layup attempt that often misses. So, what can u do? Modify the dunk chance slider to more accurately reflect aggressive play. For madden, maybe u like to see more aggressive hard hitting tackles. U can modify the fumbles and tackling slider to see that type of play. So, again, I would like to see ALL sports games play more accurate to their sport out of the box, but often there are little things here and there that don't quite look right. And, sliders allow u to modify the game to your liking. I was against slider modification for a long time, and I think I had your opinion, thinking, 'I shouldn't have to modify the game. The game should just play well.' Well, after decimating madden on all-pro consistently, and being discouraged by the CPU cheating on all-madden, I finally decided to screw around with sliders and make the game play how I want it to play. And, while u can sometimes get lost slidering around for the 'perfect' game, it can be WELL worth it, imo. So, really, it's just about customizing the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
MVP

Different people are going to find different aspects too easy or too hard on the same level. If I can bust out 3 eighty yard runs a game on the ground but find passing to be a challenge on all pro I can adjust accordingy. Everyone has different stick skills and understanding of football strategy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »