Home

Any Update on CFM Site or App?

This is a discussion on Any Update on CFM Site or App? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any Update on CFM Site or App?

Anyone hear anything? I can't find much on it

This is really putting a damper on me and my friends CFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Any Update on CFM Site or App?

They're working on it. Nothing else to report at this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Well that's a bummer
Old 09-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #4
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Looks like Daddy Leagues has started refunding people's money, hopefully everything is ironed out sooner than later.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Looks like Daddy Leagues has started refunding people's money, hopefully everything is ironed out sooner than later.
Yep seeing that refund hit home, makes me think this project is further out than we were hoping for.

It is so valuable to have that website for online cfm, even for me doing a single person.

I don't really agree with the way they handled this issue. At least they should have left the old site up and running and transitioned. All the frame work is already in place, so access to M17 couldn't have been to much of a task.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 09-12-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

It does seem like they look passed the importance of such a product (DL,App, website) then realized too late they needed to get it in, which is causing this delay. I think it was a pretty big oversight when you think about the way the game mode is played now. Many of the general league activities happen away from the console, which should tell you that the information needs to be accessible while away from the console. It is 2016 and it seems like we are getting less advanced in some aspects of the game.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Yep seeing that refund hit home, makes me think this project is further out than we were hoping for.

It is so valuable to have that website for online cfm, even for me doing a single person.

I don't really agree with the way they handled this issue. At least they should have left the old site up and running and transitioned. All the frame work is already in place, so access to M17 couldn't have been to much of a task.
Yeah i believe Papi expected the app to be sooner, but once he saw it wouldnt be ready after most online leagues start ( week 1 roster update) i think he decided to give everyone a refund until it is out and going . Sad EA dropped the ball on this big time.Putting DL in tough spot, but i have no doubt he will continue working on the site and providing leagues the best he possibly can , depending on what the app offers im sure.So EA best make it good with this delay and no bare bones or there will be more backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
It does seem like they look passed the importance of such a product (DL,App, website) then realized too late they needed to get it in, which is causing this delay. I think it was a pretty big oversight when you think about the way the game mode is played now. Many of the general league activities happen away from the console, which should tell you that the information needs to be accessible while away from the console. It is 2016 and it seems like we are getting less advanced in some aspects of the game.

No doubt here man, HUGE oversight. I get it, someone wants to throw out there, online leagues are a "small number of people" when compared to total amount who play madden. I get that. I also get, when you add up all us "small people" hours we put into our cfms , and time spent playing all our games, adjusting rosters, trading, resiging , upgrading , etc... it adds up to a much larger % of the use of madden by the end of the year than we get credit for.

I also get , that most people working on this game, prob dont have time to play in a real active 32 man league. I understand that. So there is , at least to me, a very clear disconnect between what that really entails and what they think it does. You take 32 owners, across 4 sometimes 6 timezones, all with dif work schedules, families, responsibilities outside of that, the fact it takes about an hour to play a league game, you come to realize the importance of being able to handle alot of things within CFM outside the home, not from the console. Its a huge deal for online leagues that advance more than 1 time a week , which im willing to bet is a large majority of them. Heck i can filter thru FA, and all players much easier and faster on DL than i can on console, if looking to try to trade someone or pick up someone. DL has better features that makes things faster for us , and thats important. Checking game stats, stats in general, spending xp, signing , dropping,sending and accepting trades, seeing where my team ranking in league in passing ( etc) , checking other teams overall stats to see who my opponent likes to use and go to .... and many other things, all found , on the go, outside the home , and quick and easy to find without filtering thru a ton of BS.

The website should have stayed up until the app was ready, plain and simple.Not like they were improving the website the last few years, it was truely copy n paste with new year,should have done that until app was ready, bottom line.

Being able to access all that , plus advance from website, was a huge thing for online leagues and their functioning.I know , they are working on it , but they should have started sooner it seems.Its a dang shame we are in 2016 , with all kinds of cool technology but the gaming industry seems to not embrace it and use it to further provide what their customers want and need.

Here is to hoping its out soon, and with alot of good features and not buggy as hell.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

This is becoming a huge gap for most online leagues. People will lose interest in madden a lot earlier from a user CFM perspective due to the lack of not knowing whats going on. User CFMs are more than just a couple hours on the console a day. Most people are on Groupme talking about their leagues and game results all the next day all the way to the launch of the next madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »