Home

Old 09-13-2016, 10:34 PM   #25
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Dropped passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyskoods
i was having a drops problem for awhile. Then I started using X (PS4) to catch when i'm in traffic. It's a godsend.

I wasent having a issue till after the patch and update since then no matter what I did soon as I throw I'm like watch this knocked out... And sure enough ....heck I've even uped all wr's catch, cit, spc to 99 and they still fricking drop ball u figure with all that maxed out they wouldn't drop anything.

I'll try X thing ...but if not guess I'll just become the check down king and throw to my rb every down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 AM   #26
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

Drops in a online ranked game are perfect. Anymore higher then ppl are going to get away with tons of crazy BS. I love it the way it is, and watching tons of ppl drop passes on 4th down is great.

Please EA don't change it.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:45 AM   #27
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Make's zero sense. In the NFL guys making catches while on the run way mode often than not.
It makes perfect sense how it is. Real life players often drop the ball when they try to turn and look up field to run after the catch. In Madden your receiver will catch on the run just fine as long as you don't touch the left stick until after the catch is secured. Moving the left stick before the catch is basically Maddens version of looking up field instead of at the ball. If you make the catch, it pays off because you have a head start turning up field. But you have a higher chance of dropping it. One of the most realistic parts of Madden actually

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Champion8877; 09-14-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #28
Rookie

Don't use aggressive when you have someone draped on you're receiver unless it's a fade type play, use possession.

Also, up your WR catch slider. Mines at 64 for both and I get a mix of great catches and drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #29
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

There's a glitch with an animation on the RAC catch where it bounces off their hands & they are working to patch that. That's the only drops I know there is an issue with. Most all other I see are due to being in traffic or if the receiver has bad ratings or traits.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #30
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
The passing game drives me nuts. Either you make an amazing catch or you drop it. There is no inbtween. Yes players drop them in real life. But you see 1 or 2 a game. Maybe 3. I've had double that on one drive. And I'm talking about open WRs or players who aren't taking big hits.

Honestly I think EA does this so people get mad and buy packs in MUT trying to upgrade their WRS. Or DBs to counter the elite WR. Because they catch everything. CF and other modes you just adjust the slider
Try this. There are traits settings you can buy to help from the XPs.

Go to your roster and WRs. Click on the top to upgrade player, use R1 to go to traits. In there , there is a "Drop open passes" and a Yes or No under it. You can spend your points to make them catch better if there is a No there.

I have drops too but it dont bother me. The other teams drop them too so i like the realisticness of it. I had to go back to Pro mode for a while to get used to the game. I havent had a Madden game since 2013.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:52 PM   #31
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
There's a glitch with an animation on the RAC catch where it bounces off their hands & they are working to patch that. That's the only drops I know there is an issue with. Most all other I see are due to being in traffic or if the receiver has bad ratings or traits.
Yep, that's the one.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #32
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanter
Yea when a player catches the ball gets hit (sometimes not even that hard) most of the time, he won't hold on to the ball. It just gets incredibly frustrating. Especially in 1 on 1 coverage, I'll do the aggressive catch and my receiver will let go at the last second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aggressive catch is supposed to be high risk/reward - greater chance to catch an otherwise uncatchable ball, but also greater chance to drop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »