Home

Your most memorable game

This is a discussion on Your most memorable game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your most memorable game

Had to post this after my CFM game last night. Eagles (me) against the Seahawks on all-pro (with slider sets). I am currently 6-3 and going into the nasty part of the Eagle's schedule with Wentz at QB. I went into this game expecting to get my rear end handed to me since I have a few injuries on offense.

First drive I got hit and fumbled away, end of the first qrtr down 17-0 and scored a late touchdown close to halftime for 17-7. Second half I managed to shut down their run game (RB got fractured shoulder after halftime) and put pressure on Wilson enough to chip back to tie the game up at 17.

4th qtr is where it got while. I forced a fumble on Wilson and went p 24-17 with 4 minutes. Force a punt but i was pinned back in my own endzone and they block the punt to drive and tie it up. At this point I figure cheat code kicks in and I'm about to lose. They get a huge catch over the middle in field goal range BUT I force a fumble! I manage to get a pass interference at the 35 and kick the field goal with 5 sec left. UPSET!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Your most memorable game

I've had tonnes of memorable games during my years of playing madden (first madden I played was '96) but the one that always stands out in my mind was maybe madden 25 or 15. I was the Patriots and I was playing the Seahawks in Seattle, I don't remember the circumstances but I know a gave up big lead in the second half. They had a small lead with less than a minute to go and punted and I returned it for a TD to keep me undefeated for the season.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

2 sorry!

1. Me and a buddy are super competitive when it comes to madden. We have 2 other friends who dont understand football or were not good at madden. We each took one on our team to make it even. They had the lead with 3 seconds left and he decided to kick off instead of squib. I broke 2 tackles and returned the kickoff for a walkoff TD!

2. Last night in draft champions I had an epic game. Both defenses would not give an inch. I picked him off in the endzone twice and caused a fumble. His D was amazing only giving up a field goal on my first drive of the game. Anyway 4th and goal on the 4 yard line he lines up for a field goal with 1 second to go. He fakes and goes for the win I pick it off in the endzone and win the game! 3-0 low scoring but intense!
Old 09-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I've had two of the better games I've ever played vs the cpu in this years version, both as The Bears. First I had a game vs The Lions where I missed two extra points and the cpu recovered an onside kick where the game went in to OT and allowed them to beat me. Last night I was playing in Dallas, I'm up 7-0, attempt a 51 yard field goal and it's blocked and returned for a TD to tie the game. Next drive I march down to probably about their 10 yard line and miss a FG, the recurring theme here is I'm terrible at kicking. I put up another TD to go up 14-7, then I get the ball back and Dallas gets a sack/fumble/TD return, now it's tied at 14. After trading a few scores, we end up tied at 28 with about 5 minutes to go when I kick a FG to go up 31-28. Dallas gets the back and my defense forces a punt, I get the ball with about 2:35 to go and Dallas has all their timeouts. I run the ball and bring it to the two minute warning, run again to make them burn a timeout. Now it's 3rd and 7 and I'm at about my 15, normally I'm pretty conservative natured, but I figured the odds of me picking up a first by running are pretty slim and I didn't want to punt to them with 1 timeout and only needing a FG. I figure I'll throw a slant and if nothing is there I'll take a sack to keep the clock moving. They bring pressure, first read is covered, second is open, I go to throw and get hit and fumble, Dallas recovers on their 11 and scores a TD a few plays later. I get the ball back with about a minute and I just couldn't find a play on first down and end up taking a delay of game. 4 and 6 and I end up gaining about 5.5 yards and lose the game
Old 09-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm not going to list some specific ones but I wanted to add this here....since ea access and release day I've played three full season's of my buffalo cfm, one full year with the eagles in my nfc cfm, w few play now games to listen to New commentary and for draft champions probably around 30 unranked and I'm 38-32 on ranked draft champions....out of all those games a very very large percentage have been memorable....I've had so much variety it's been a godsend....I've had comebacks, I've been completely shut down vs the ai a few games, once being held to 91 passing yards and 32 rushing with only about 19 minutes of possession, to tying the rushing touchdowns in one game with 5, to blocked fg to win a game, a back to back punt return for tds game, to being shutout once or twice, and those are just some examples of the cfm games on all pro 15min qrts....the chess matches that happen online against other people have had their share of some epic battles from a 6-3 game to a 42-41 shootout....anything can happen in this years game and I am hooked....watching the ticker as you need one or two teams to lose while you need a win to get a wildcard and the feeling of seeing o be of those teams keep pulling ahead....love the track we are on finally....and the first major patch hasn't dropped yet....if that wasn't enough they drop these gorgeous color rush uniforms and I want to play a franchise with every team individually....there's some fixing needed still But hands down this is an epic year for Madden....alright, rambling done, on to some more football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

In one of my online franchises last year, I was in the SB, Packers vs Texans, which is kinda strange in it self because once the playoffs start I usually become Tony Romo. Anyway, lets skip all the boring theatrics and skip to around the 2 minute mark of the 4th shall we?

Score was 21-20 me, I kick a boring FG to go up 24-20 with about 1:30 left, he gets the ball, hits Hopkins on a corner for 40 yards, then goes to Gronk up the seam, breaks a bazzillion tackles gets inside the 10, then he scores on a read option with his 88 spd rookie QB (I also had a 93 spd rookie QB starting, year 4 btw), score is 27-24 with 55 seconds left. I return the kick to the 45, Shane Wynn was shoelaced or he was gone. Any way, first play I hit Ladarius Green on a TE Sail he was open vs his cover 4, that got me 20, got out of bounds at the 35 with 40ish seconds left. I ran a HB cross screen to Knile Davis which gained me 25 to get to the 10, called time out with around 25 secs left, 1st play I ran a trap which gained 5, took another TO with 15 secs left. on 2nd down I tried a PA boot, nothing open so I kept it, and was pushed out at the 3, 8 secs left. On 3rd down I tried a Dig to Perriman, wasn't open so I threw it away. With 3 secs left. I decided to not pull a McCarthy, so I went for the win. I hot routed my slot WR Cordarrell Patterson to a zig out, he was in man D, so the zig beat his man, he was open by a good 3 yards, I threw it to him, ball clanks off his hands, and falls harmlessly to the ground, I lose 27-24. And proceeded drank my self to sleep that night. I did cut Pattersons worthless no good *** immediately after the game though.

In all the years I've been playing Madden, that is my toughest defeat.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 09-17-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

In a fantasy draft online league as the black knights and was facing the Lions in the nfccg . The Lions were the one team that game me trouble in the season with me losing to him 6-3. It's been a back and forth game until the 4th qtr I had a 1 point lead which for whatever reason I thought was a tie so I was trying to do whatever to get the lead and then throw a bad pick near their end zone, they then score of that int with 40 seconds left to go to give them a 6 point lead, I drive down the feild rather nicely and get stuck near the redzone and go to 4th down with 17 seconds left to go (the the 1st down was right on the goal line too).
On 4th down I throw a post route to Ahgolor who carries himself to the end zone to win the game and send us to a super bowl berth and victory.

This was the play:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tallented17/video/21621068
Old 09-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

MaDdEnGaMeR1234's Arena

I had a pretty weird one where on Madden 11 Cam Newton, yeah I created him, and the Broncos were down 17-15 with 2 seconds left and I was 57 yard away from the end zone in the AFC Championship game against Peyton Manning. So I decide to call a play-fake to Larry Fitzgerald and I just tossed it up and I don't know how, but he caught it and ran to the end zone with no time on the clock. I miss the PAT, purposely though because we already won. Final, Broncos 21- Colts 17. Yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »